smear from hell!

Carolina

Reaction score
hi all!
Just had my first smear test....didnt go well to ay the least!:blush: I was meant to be getting one done next month to start an investigation to see if i have endometriosis plus ive just turned 25 and its standard to get one done. Wanted to check everything was ok.

Anyway i was in the third week of my cyle and tried to have sex but it was quite painful my cervix felt waay lower down than its ever been before. I know near your period it is lower down and is at its highest point during ovulation but even my bf said it didnt feel right! I have a weak bladder and started to think i had a prolapse. Got myself into a state and went to the doctor for a smear and internal to check everything was ok!

Tries to stay relaxed as i know that makes it easier and i was worried as i am very short and slim and think im quite small down there. The speculum went in fine but when she started to open it...the pain! I raised my voice and told her to stop...she continued for a second or two and then stopped.

So turns out i had thrush...releived i must say!lol She said i was quite red and raw. I never thought it could be thrush coz i wasnt itchy or anything.

Just wondering as im sure most of u have experienced smear tests, when they start to open the speculum is it meant to open below ur cervix as thats what i thought. But i was in pain because when she was opening it it was pressing on the sie of my cervix and i couldnt take the pain! plus ur meant to get it done mid cycle, ur more moist then so that should make things easier!!

Still want children but it has scared me a bit i can only imagine birth pain coz that smear itself was unbearble and she had to stop so i didnt even get one done!! Feel like aabit of a failure!!

Sorry you had a bad experience hun. I hate smears!! But in answer to your question I am pretty sure it is suppose to open below the cervix. So if it was opening you cervix it would hav really hurt. Stupid doctors grrrrr!!
It shouldn't hurt, maybe be uncomforable but thats all.

:hugs:

Emma

x

Ive only had the one and it wasnt too bad. the only thing that annoyed me was she didnt take enough cells so i gotta go again!

phew thats what i thought!! lol They better get enough cells with me or ill be raging! lol

I hate smears!! Started having them when i was about 23 i think but i had to go every 6 months and now every year instead of every 3 years :hissy:

I have never found that they really hurt .. just very uncomfortable .. just got to put up with it though :wacko:

As far as i was aware the speculum should open up below the cervix .. it shouldnt hurt you anyway.

Sorry you had a bad experience. :hugs:

if you had thrush it would hurt alot more anyway honey

don't be put off by it, - it's probably only cause you had thrush that it hurt so much ((hug))

Hate having them!!

Sorry you have had a horrible experiance hun ........

xxx

I have only had one but keep gettin letters for my next one n keep puttin it off... silly of me really cuz its 4 my own good! It doesnt really hurt, its just not v nice!

I just had my smear test on Friday. I usually go a few days After my period has finished and it should open below your cervix and like others have said, it can be uncomfortable, but not painful. Sorry you had such a hard time.

What till your thrush has cleared then go back at the end of your period. Unfortunatly we do need to have them regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->