Smear test :(

jenfirstbaby

i <3 my baby girl :)
Reaction score
Grr. Just wanted to share my hatred.

i have to go for a smear test this afternoon and i'm so not looking forward to it :nope:

Have been putting it off but i suppose i better just have it done :(

I dont see why people hate it so much......especially since you have had a baby :lol: dignity kinda goes out the window then lol.........after all it could save you life all for the sake of 2 seconds, sure you will be good :) x

Its not the embarrassment, im not fussed about that bit lol it was really uncomfortable:\ x

Ahh right sorry hun, glad its all over now hey x

Im due to get my first one never sure what to expect though :/

Smear test i can cope with, although it is uncomfortable! The fact that mine came back abnormal and i have to go for a colposcopy on Friday im nervous about! :(

Smear test i can cope with, although it is uncomfortable! The fact that mine came back abnormal and i have to go for a colposcopy on Friday im nervous about! :(

High don't believe too nervous they don't feel much worse than a smear they just take a little longer and u get to choose your cervix on screen. I just had my 3rd colonoscopy / biopsy last week x

I had one a few month back i got one done private at marie stopes as im only 23 so not old enough for one through nhs yet. Im glad i got it done and will definitely continue them they are a little uncomfortable but are so worth it.

I think its ridiculous that you're not 'old enough' to have a smear test! In Scotland you get them once you turn 20, tho I personally think it should be earlier x

I had my first smear in March this year. The nurse said I was very relaxed for my first time. Not sure if that's a compliment or not :haha:

Wasn't that horrendous really! And I wasn't so used to things up there as only had one internal exam during labour!!

They're over so quickly though and can do so much good. Defo worth it :thumbup:

I just had my first one ever done a few days ago. I was so scared but other than the uncomfortable feeling that you can't do anything about it isn't so bad. The only thing that had me worried afterwards was the nurse said it could cause some bleeding & being pregnant I didn't want to deal with any sort of bleeding.Luckily I didn't bleed at all!

I didn't think U were supposed to get them when pregnant , dunno what makes me think this though.....

Also ur supposed to get one 12 weeks after birth so that means you will have 2in a short space of time? :shrug: make sure U still get one afterwards. Xx

After 8 years of colposcopy appointments at the hospital I found out today that I have been discharged and I have my first smear with the nurse at my GP surgery next week. Although its not something I am looking forward to, I do have a sense of relief.

Compared to 6 monthly and 12 monthly colposcopys following an operation under a general anaesthetic, the smear is definitely a preferred option.

I just had my first one ever done a few days ago. I was so scared but other than the uncomfortable feeling that you can't do anything about it isn't so bad. The only thing that had me worried afterwards was the nurse said it could cause some bleeding & being pregnant I didn't want to deal with any sort of bleeding.Luckily I didn't bleed at all!

Are u sure it was a smear test you had done? You are not supposrd to have them during pregnancy as they dialate the cervix a bit to take the sample and this is def a no go during pregnancy for obvious reasons.

I have been having smear tests since i was 16 (originally from Canada where they do them earlier) and they have always been fine. Had one done in the UK last march and the nurse realised straight away that the speculum she was using was too big for me. The average size is a med,so if its really painful ask for a small.

I had my first ever smear last week. I was dreading it as friends have told me stories in the past of it hurting etc. I didnt feel a thing and the nurse made me really relaxed. Its defo worth it. x

Definitely. This was my 2nd one, I don't remember my first being too bad, apart from when I got there the nurse was my friends mum! :blush: so she got someone else to do it. The one I had this week was quite uncomfortable and seemed to take longer!

Definitely worth it though. I wish they would offer it earlier, like once your sexually active. I think it should be at least 20 like it is in Scotland x

A smear is something and nothing i remember my first one, it is nerve wracking but it's such a necessity just look at Jade Goody :(

my first one was like something out of a comedy :blush:
second not as bad but descended into a giggling fit :blush:

as for the smear when pregnant my m/w and nurse at the surgery i go to said i need to have mine 6 month after the birth when everything "slots back into place" :wacko: :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->