SMEP? CD8 and feeling hopeful!

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
Have any of you lovely ladies tried SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) and had it successful? If so, how many months were you trying it? DF and I are on cycle 3, ttc #1. This is our first cycle doing SMEP (hopefully he can keep up with me! :winkwink: )

We BD'd tonight on CD8 (well, it's just after midnight so CD9 :wacko: ) Afterwards, I lay on my back with my hips elevated, and legs in the air for 15 minutes...what a beautiful graphical image there, haha.

For those of you who lay with your hips elevated after BD, do you 'pee' the rest out afterwards, or keep it inside you? I've read that people do both, but I usually 'pee' it out. I have tried to keep it inside - fail!

:dust: to all!

xoxo

Hey Wildworld:)

I'm currently on cd7 and want to try smep this cycle. Hoping it will work! My gyno doesn't think its good to dtd everyday, but every other day. But I'm def gonna do this!

I see this is your 3rd cycle of ttc? Good luck and I hope your ttc journey is a short one!

I'm on cycle 8 now, but we tried SMEP for the first time last cycle. Obviously it ended with AF showing and we opted not to follow it fully this time, though we have used a lot of the concepts this cycle. Honestly, DH felt even more pressure than normal knowing that BDing was "set in stone." This cycle we've been BDing every other day since CD 11 since I was out of town before that. Got my positive OPK yesterday, CD 16, so we DTD again. My temps this morning suggest that I'm likely to O today since I didn't yesterday (it's not uncommon for my temp to spike a full degree the day after a positive OPK), but I doubt we'll DTD again today... not sure either of us is fully up for 3 days in a row again.

I know there are several other SMEP threads. You may try doing a search to see other's responses, as I know I've read in the past about SMEP working on the first or second try for others!

Hey Wildworld:)

I'm currently on cd7 and want to try smep this cycle. Hoping it will work! My gyno doesn't think its good to dtd everyday, but every other day. But I'm def gonna do this!

I see this is your 3rd cycle of ttc? Good luck and I hope your ttc journey is a short one!

You should definitely try it, it gives your other half time to recover and sperm time to replenish. On our last cycle, we DTD the whole week that i was fertile, the day of ovulation, and i think 2 days after...nada!! So we probably wore his sperm out, haha! Hopefully this will be our month for our :bfp:!

Thanks so much <3

I'm on cycle 8 now, but we tried SMEP for the first time last cycle. Obviously it ended with AF showing and we opted not to follow it fully this time, though we have used a lot of the concepts this cycle. Honestly, DH felt even more pressure than normal knowing that BDing was "set in stone." This cycle we've been BDing every other day since CD 11 since I was out of town before that. Got my positive OPK yesterday, CD 16, so we DTD again. My temps this morning suggest that I'm likely to O today since I didn't yesterday (it's not uncommon for my temp to spike a full degree the day after a positive OPK), but I doubt we'll DTD again today... not sure either of us is fully up for 3 days in a row again.

I know there are several other SMEP threads. You may try doing a search to see other's responses, as I know I've read in the past about SMEP working on the first or second try for others!

I know what you mean about more pressure, but with DF, I'm just trying to make it all about him so he's really in the mood for it. That way, it doesn't feel like a chore for him.

Hmm, well instead of not being able to DTD 3 more days in a row, even try it just today because you're ovulating? You never know, you might catch that little eggy :flower:

Thanks so much <3 hope we get our :bfp: this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->