SMEP success buddies

Steph - I saw that picture and I LOVED it!!! It's made me want to do the same thing :D As soon as I can find a cute outfit for them both I am totally doing it. Your boys are so adorable!!

O just had his 12 week jabs today, he's now sleeping it off. Hopefully he'll be ok when he wakes up (last time we had about an hour of screaming) keeping my fingers crossed!

x x x

Aaw poor Oscar!! Hows he been? Hope hes been ok! I saw Eleanor had her 3rd set yesterday, hopefully shes doin ok too!

Lol u sooo should dress the boys the same! I always try and 'co-ordinate' them... Is that sad? Haha!!

Hows the new car? U loving it?

How is everyone else doing?

Took oliver to get weighed today, he now weighs 15lb 6oz! I had a look at brandons red book and he was 17 weeks before he hit 15lbs! So Oliver is defo a bigger boy!

And our house is properly on the market now! Its so strange going on rightmove and seeing my living room haha!!

Xxxxxx

He seems fine this time, he slept for 4 hours! I'm just trying to keep him awake for 15 more mins before putting him to bed for the night.

Omg, do not even get me started on the car. We didn't get it in the end. OH is a massive fanny and suddenly decided that he thought the blokes story wasn't genuine. I was (still am) furious!!!! It was perfect, in very good condition, reasonably low mileage and I loved the car. Grrrr. So he better find me one this weekend or I'm going to kill him. He sold his car yesterday and as he's having my old one I'm now car-less - WTF! Men!!!!

Ahhh I'm dying to know how much Oscar weighs! I've just looked in F's red book and he was 15lbs at 14 weeks - I always thought he was massive but I'm sure O is bigger!! How many Oz is Oliver having? We're on 7oz 5 times a day - hopefully this is where he'll settle for a while now!

When did you wean Brandon? / when you planning on weaning Oliver?

I love that you co-ordinate them haha! that has to require a lot of organisation!!

x x x x

Oh my god!! I would be FURIOUS if my OH did that! No wonder ur raging! Us mums cant be doing without cars! Lol i love u called him a fanny...i totally thought that was a scottish thing!

God Brandon must've been tiny!! Lol he was only 12lbs at 14 weeks! Olivers on 7oz bottles too! Altho, last week after his jags, he was point blank refusing to take more than 4oz per bottle! But hes back to 7oz now! When i looked at Brandons red book, he was only on 5oz at three months!! Lol! He was never fussed abt food! We weaned Brandon at 6 months and tbh, we couldve left it later, he wasnt interested at all! Im gonna see if Oliver will wait til 6months, but judging by how much hungrier he is than Brandon, I dont know!! I dont feel ready to be even thinkin of weaning...hes still too wee haha!! Once they r weaned, theyre not proper wee babies anymore!!

Lol co-ordinating them does take some organisation, I clearly jst have too much time on my hands haha!!

Xxxxxx

I know, raging!! And we had a £200 deposit on it that we can't get back!

Aww that does seem small and 5oz at three months seems so little, but that's cuz I'm used to my giant babies! Yeh both my two love their food, I wanted to wait till 6 months to wean Oscar (the hassle of food is too much!! Plus like you say, once onto food it's like they're not little baby's anymore) but we ended up weaning f early just cuz he was so hungry and it looks like O is the same - will hold off as long as poss tho. Though my doctor has already told us to think about weaning early cuz of the reflux, but it's far too early yet!

x x x x

Yeah my doctor said the same abt weaning early cos of the reflux! But his reflux has calmed down so much I dnt really think its an issue anymore! But she did say we' need to be very careful because it looks as tho he is intolerant to cows milk so weaning him could cause more problems!! Lol so why would i wanna do it early??? Lol!!

Oh my god, thats so annoying abt the deposit! Lol i wouldve choked my OH!!

Btw...how u gettin on with 50 shades? I finished them last week! I loved them! The third one bored me a bit and I found myself jst skipping over the sex scenes cos they were all very samey! But i loooove Christian Grey! I wish he was real! I cant wait for them to make the films! Xxxxx

Hi Ladies,

Smiley - thats so shocking about the car, and you lost a deposit!? i would be so mad! Hows he doing now after his jabs? poor thing Its horrible to do this to them isnt it? but all worth it in the end.

Steph - wow what a little guzzler :) great weight gain though! Lol I love that you co ordinate the boys, I think I would try to do the same. I find it hard to decide on Eleanors clothes for a day, let alone two!

AFM - well Eleanor had he 3rd set yesterday and it was nasty. She was pretty grizzly yesterday afternoon and evening but settled at her normal time and we actually had a pretty good night with her only waking once at 2.30am then at 8am. Tbh was one of the best nights for a while as she has been being a madam recently and waking 3-4 times!! Urgh! In good news, Eleanor has suddenly decided that she doesnt need the nipple shields anymore! so we are shield free :happydance: it does mean i have been having some sore nipples but we are getting there. I weighed her last week and she was 15lb 8oz...such a guzzler!

will write again soon...she is crying....

Hello :wave:

Certain - yaaaay on no nipple shields!! How r u finding feeding without them? Shes doing so well, wot a good weight!! Has she been rolling over more? Oliver looks as tho hes close to rolling...jst needs to get his wee leg over!

Smiley - i hate to ask, but hows the car situation?

AFM - Not much new here tbh! Altho, weve worked out that hes having nightmares which is what all the drama through the night is! Poor wee lamb! His imagination has really developed over the last month or so (all his toys have different voices now and so on) and hes obviously finding it hard to switch off his imagination at night! Its a wee shame for him! Hopefully its jst a phase and will pass soon!

Hows everyones weekend goin? Xxxxxxx

Lol and certain - probably my biggest decision of my day is what clothes to put on Brandon and Oliver! Haha! I go out looking like a tramp! But they two are always immaculate!! Xxxxxx

Morning!

Certain - Hooray for no nipple shields any more!!! :happydance: I bet that is making things so much easier for you now? Well done for getting so far with it! Good girl Eleanor :D

Steph - Oh no, poor Brandon. How did you find out it was nightamres in the end? Bless him. Hope that stops soon!

AFM - Weekend was good thanks. Got the Bumbo out to put Oscar in. (Steph, I think we must have done it on the same day!) - he's still not quite ready for it, but it was fun. Oh I got a new car!!! WOOOOO!!!! Got a Honda Jazz in the end, it's amazing - it's so nice to drive around in a decent car haha! But i'm just relieved to have finally got it sorted, I told OH that we are never buying a new car again - it was far too stressful.

x x x x

Oooh happy new car! My friend has a Honda Jazz...they r gorgeous! What colour did u get? Lol i love buying cars... Im on my 4th!! Thats terrible isnt it?? Im keeping my one jst now for a while tho now that its paid off! Lol!!

Aaw i love the bumbo! Oliver loved it! Certain, does Eleanor have one? The only problem is...Oliver is sooo rigid all the time, hes constantly straight! So he keeps straightenin while sitting in it and popping himself out of it haha!!

We realised it was nightmares cos we noticed he is always dripping with sweat and he would always talk nonsense and shout "no! No! No!" Last night he was screaming abt dinosaurs! Ive spoke to the HV abt it and she said its quite common around the age 3 mark because their imaginations really develop at this age and sometimes they struggle to switch it off at night! So were jst gonna need to grin and bear it for the time being!

Its Brandons bday in abt 4 weeks and we are thinking of going to Peppa Pig world in Southampton! Im jst dreading the drive! It'll be about 7 hours! Xxxxxx

Peppa Pig world is amazing!!!! We went there last year, it's great. It's not that far from us though, that's a long old drive you'll have!! We're thinking about going there in a few weeks time actually. OH has a week off work so we're going to stay with my family in Bournemouth and do day trips and stuff.

Oh bless him, I bet it's horrible. The only thing I guess is to just be there to comfort when he wakes up. F has started saying things like "No dinosaurs, no doggies, no lions" etc when we're putting him to bed, he def gets scared about all that so we have to just reassure him that there aren't any of those things anywhere near here! Luckily he hasn't really had nightmares yet - but there's not much else you can do is there? :shrug:

It's silver, kind of a dark silver - I Looooovee it! I just want to go out driving in it all the time!

I'm going to start selling all the old baby clothes and toys etc today - Just decided that we defo aren't going to need them for a long time, so may as well get rid!

x x x x

Hi

Steph - aww poor brandon, i hate nightmares :( must be so confusing for them, and of course horrible for you. :hugs: Peppa pig world sounds mad but good for kids...do they have free sweets?? :haha: im there!

Smiley - yey happy new car! we got given my parents old (but still new to us) car at xmas, its huge but does the job :) I would be so scared driving a new car! thats kinda sad selling all the baby stuff but I guess you can get it all again if needed :)

AFM - yeah its so so much easier without the shields and its not feeling sore anymore so thats great :) I am still finding it a drain though, she is still feeding between 2.5-3 hours in the day and although she was going a good time at night that seems to have gone out of the window and shes sleeping badly :( last night it was every 1.5hrs and was wanting food :( so tiring. Im not sure if its just teeth, sleep regression(!?!) or if she is just not getting what she needs from milk. Im starting to think about introducing some pureee at some point!? hmmm. Ive been tryign to express so that i can maybe have some time away but this weekend she just wouldnt take a bottle :( so annoying and slightly worrying!
Eleanor and I are off down to Devon on Friday to stay with my parents, Tom is off on a lads trip to Germany! He is looking forward to it but is really worried Eleanor wont remember him....she just dotes on him though so i sure it will be ok. WE will miss him though :(
So i have had the dreaded email from HR and have to go in on Thursday to discuss if i have a job etc. Im annoyed because my hellish boss is going to be in the meeting :( so fx everyone that I dont have a job (lol i know but i want to be made redundant so i can find another job).

Hope you can all enjoy the sun these next few days!

Hello girlies!! How is everyone?? I am missing the chatter :(

x x x x x

Hello!

Sorry ive not been on!

Things been really busy recenty with the house! Looks like have someone VERY interested! So hopefully it'll be sold quicker than we expected! Yay! We can finally start thinking abt our family home!

Also had a huge arguement with OHs mum cos I found out she had been bitching abt my parents! I was furious!! But weve sorted it now! Grrr!!

Smiley - see that video u posted of F singing Wind the Bobbin up...I have practically the same video with Brandon except Olivers in his wee chair instrad of on his mat! Its so cute tho hearing F sing it because he has a different accent to us! Lol soooo cute!

Certain - how was ur trip down to devon? And what the heck happened when u went in to meet ur HR dept?

Xxxxxxx

Yaaaay! That's great news on your house, so exciting! Have you seen anywhere that you guys really like?

Oh no what was your MIL saying? What did you say to her? How did you go about saying it to her? I'm asking cuz I almost had an argument with my MIL the other day (about house stuff) but I keep biting my tongue so as to avoid an actual argument - but in actual fact I think the only way things are going to progress is if I actually come out and say what I want to say!!

Ahhh i'd love to see Brandon singing it, I keep forgetting you will have a different accent :D I love it when F sings to Oscar, normally he is sat in his chair or something and F is pulling him left, right and centre to do all the actions to everything! Haha, it's so funny to watch!

Certain - YES, what happened at your HR meeting??

I took Oscar to get weighed yesterday, finally. He's 15lbs3 - he's still following around the 60th line - I was SURE he was going to be much bigger. F was slightly bigger at this age which I was surprised at as well.

I spoke to the girl at my work the other day and she told me that the new lady (who is doing my job at the moment) has said that they are planning on either making me come in 5 days a week, or if I want to keep it at 3 days in the office then I'll have to take a pro rata pay cut. (so they are planning on revoking my working from home arrangement) I am furious. I knew it was coming. If they do this it will force me to quit which is basically what they're after.

Ugh.

x x x x

Hello!!

Smiley, can ur work do that? I thought ur employer had to allow u to return under the same terms as u left on? Thats horrible!! Wot r u gonna do?

Lol il try upload the video of Brandon! Its quite big so il need to trim it lol!

Well...with my MIL, i wasnt planning on saying anything to her but she noticed that I was being "off" with her! Then, her and my dad both commented on a pic of Oliver on facebook and she basically threw a fit saying that my dad was making smart comments towards her! Well that did it!! She asked if she could come to our house because she wanted to tell me how she felt and I said yeah. So she came up and i told her basically that she over reacted to the facebook thing and then told her that Id seen the texts she sent to OH regarding my parents! I jst tore into her tbh and told her that she should keep her nose out of where it doesnt belong! There was a whole revelation that basically shes been playing me and OH off against each other and I told her that she is NOT a part of our relationship!

We have made up now but Ive learned a lot! I know now not to really trust her! Which is a shame because we were so close! But keeping it all to myself was eating me up everyday and I def felt better the minute I said it! So if i were u, i would get it off ur chest! If u dont, it will get bigger and bigger!!

Aaaaand my last bit of news is... OUR HOUSE IS SOLD!!!!! We move out in 8 weeks! Eeeek! We have seen a house that we love but we jst need to sort out mortgage stuff! Annoyingly the mortgage we had set up has expired because Nat West has pulled out of 90% mortgages!! Grrrrr!!

Xxxxxxxx

I honestly don't know what i'm going to do about work - just going to try and ignore it and hope the problem goes away. (seems sensible)

Oh dear, so your MIL was saying things to your OH as well? Sounds very off, especially when you guys seeemed to get on so well. That's such a shame. Much better that it's out though so that you know how she really is and where you stand!! I'd be furious! Well done you for proper standing your ground and not holding back, sometimes the situation needs you to just say what you gotta say!

I think if something comes up again I will definitely not be holding back, it's really annoying cuz I'm so not like that with anyone else - but for some reason with her and FIL, I just keep quiet!

YAAAAAAYYY to your house being sold! That's brilliant!! I bet you guys are over the moon :happydance::happydance:

What will you do about the mortgage? do you just need to apply elsewhere?

We move into our new house start of September, I am really looking forward to it. I just hope we can live with the inlaws ok until it's all sorted with their new house! (I think I need prayers)

Oh today I finally made the move to potty train F - it has gone so so well. He has totally surprised me, i'm so proud of him. However, it is the single most stressful thing EVER. I dread to think how i'd cope if it wasn't going well - I don't know why it's stressing me out so much, but the constant checking if he needs a wee etc if exhausting. Not to mention the MILLION trips to the loo or potty. But bless him, he has gotten the hang of it brilliantly :D

x x x x

Hi ladies,

Sorry to have been MIA, whenever I try to come and type a reply the girl demands attention!!

Smiley- how is the potty training going? Ok I hope, it must be scary and messy :haha:
Has there been any more probs with your family? When do you move?

Steph- grrr I'm so cross for you about your work, I'm sure they aren't allowed to do that! Also how annoying of your MIL, I hate it when peoPle interfere! :hugs: well done for getting it off your chest though.

AFM- well we are doing well. Eleanor is still huge :) she weighed in at 17 6 oz today and is firmly on the 91st percentile!! Scary but she is lovely and chubby. I have been bf exclusively but the last two nights I have given a bottle of titular at night in the hope she may sleek longer (it worked yesterday so we shall see!) I'm going to be slowly replacing bf with them soon. We think she is teething as she seems in pain, drooling eyc and sleep has been all over the place :-(
Re work- good news!! I don't have to work with Karen any more!!! Woop so now I'm just waiting until sept when I will be made redundant and then I can look for more suitable work eg part time, closer to home etc but hopefully not starting until feb :happydance: such a relief!

So how are you all??

Hello!!

Just checking in, hows everyone getting on?

Certain - Are you giving Eleanor more formula now? Is she sleeping any better? You have done amazingly well with the bf!

Steph - hows the house situ? How are your boys? What's Oliver eating, sleeping, drinking? Haha - tell me all!

AFM - Well F is potty trained, he did brilliantly!! It was relatively easy, so I guess he was ready. Still massively stressful, and still stresses me out when we're out and I have to keep asking him if he needs a wee, but he's had no accidents so I guess i've just got to trust him.

Oscar is doing well, although I tried to stop the ranitidine for his reflux yesterday and he had a meltdown this morning. Not sure if it's linked but i've given him the medicine again!!

He is sleeping ok - has his last bottle about 5.45, goes to bed at 6, wakes up at about 5 for a bottle then goes back to sleep and gets up when F does at around 7. Though if F is quiet in the mornings he'll sleep in longer.

Starting to think about weaning now - not doing it just yet, just starting to make up a plan in my head!

We are going away to Devon next week, the 4 of us, so that will be nice. Not looking forward to the car journey though!!

Oh Steph - how was Brandon's birthday??

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"