Smiley opk for 3 days?

giraffes

Baby appearing 26th Sept!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After being referred to a FS a couple of weeks ago, OH got a bit freaked out that we should have been doing more ourselves and he even asked about OPKs. I'd been using them a few months ago but without telling him as at that point he didn't want to know when was necessary and when was for fun!! Anyway, I've had three smiley face days in a row now, so when will I / have I ovulated?! Anyone any ideas? I told him after the first one that the next 48 hours were the most important but maybe we're going to need to keep dtd for a while longer ;)

On a random aside, I've had a horrible cold this month and can definitely confirm that having cough medicine earlier in the month increases the EWCM - buckets of it :blush:

Thanks in advance,
G

I can't help I'm afraid but I have this most months too and then stop testing after 3 days so don't no it may go on longer! Hope someone has good advice for us! X

Glad to know it's not just me then!! Hope we get some answers and more importantly BFPs soon :D

BFP would be great! Fingers crossed for you! X

Generally you are told to stop testing after the first positive. And should ovulate within 48hours of that. However, to be safe I'd keep bding, esp if you still have EWCM. If you check fertility signs I'd keep going until you no longer have fertile CM and no SHOW (Soft, high, open cervix).

If you chart then this will tell you when you actually ovulate.

Sperm meets egg plan is good. Bd day of +OPK and 2 days after, have a night off then bd again to be sure!

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

After being referred to a FS a couple of weeks ago, OH got a bit freaked out that we should have been doing more ourselves and he even asked about OPKs. I'd been using them a few months ago but without telling him as at that point he didn't want to know when was necessary and when was for fun!! Anyway, I've had three smiley face days in a row now, so when will I / have I ovulated?! Anyone any ideas? I told him after the first one that the next 48 hours were the most important but maybe we're going to need to keep dtd for a while longer ;)

On a random aside, I've had a horrible cold this month and can definitely confirm that having cough medicine earlier in the month increases the EWCM - buckets of it :blush:

Thanks in advance,
G

Hi there
I started using smiley opks this month for the first time. I'm surprised I didn't start using them sooner as it looks like I ovulate a lot later than I thought I did. Anyway, the packet instructions says once you get a smiley face, there is no need to continue testing and that you are at your most fertile for the following 48 hours. Perhaps you caught the very beginning of your LH surge when you got your first smiley , over the following two days the follicle ripened and O occured just when you got your third smiley?? The egg can survive for 24 hours (don't quote me on that!) so your fertile period could be as long as five days....
I think it would be good to continue bding every day or every other day until AF or until all signs of O have gone. I get O pains which are useful in tracking my fertile period, do you?
Best of luck!
:baby:

Thanks for the advice girls, I've done some googling and a couple have people have suggested that you can sometimes get this if you're getting an egg from both ovaries!

I kept testing this time (I know you don't need to) because I have such crazy cycles and the last time I used an opk my period didn't arrive until 3 1/2 weeks after the smiley face. So I figured I must have been ovulating more than once in that cycle.

As for temping, I've never done it, mainly because I have such a low normal body temp that I'm not sure it would work for me.

THe other thing to remember with OPKs is you can have a surge and not ovulate. Then you will try again either straight away (could account for your 3 day smileys) or it may be a few days, or even a week later.

Have a look at the website peeonastick.

Temping should still work as it's relative to you. You can't use it to predict ovulation but it shows you when you have ovulated.

Edit: link added

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->