Smogs

Mum and I were actually talking about this the other night. I always wanted a little girl. I think it comes down to playing with dolls as a child, I wanted a pretty little baby that I could push around in pretty dresses LOL. I also didn't think I could relate to a boy, I imagined having a girl and going shopping and out for coffee etc as she got older.

When I had my gender scan and they saw boy bits I was shocked and I won't lie, a little disappointed. But now, I cannot imagine having a girl! I love my son and I love his cheeky,mischievous little personality, I couldn't imagine him any other way!

I wanted boys. I still do.
I was afraid of girl babies because I thought they might be harder to clean up :haha: They aren't.
I still want boys because I'm scared to death of living with too many hormonal teenage girls. :winkwink:

I always waned a girl so did my OH. My reason for wanting a girl was mainly about the brilliant relationship me and my mum have. I really believe in the phrase " A boy is yours till he finds a wife, a girl is yours for the rest of your life".

However the article talks about boys being smelly, messy, dirty, nosey. I have the biggest two year old tomboy you will ever meet. Going to a farm she pets the snakes and cockroaches bore all the fluffy bunny's. She i always filthy, mud dirt. Big on picking up sticks and rocks. It generally more boisterous than any other girl of her age ive come across. She basically butch! Even more so than some of her little boy friends.

So however much she is a girl and I can and do put her in pink. She is far from girly. I tin this has been very much nature and not nurture. So I think you can wish for a gender all you want however you will get what youre given :shrug:

I think it's natural for females to want female offspring. As far back as you can remember, you're pushing around dolls (always female) in plastic pushchairs, and braiding their hair.

I find the SMOG phase quite accurate in my personal life, and must admit there's a hint of jealousy there on my part because I would love love love a girl of my own.

My son is an absolute sweetheart though, I couldn't have asked for a better baby. He's such a mammies boy and I feel like he always will be. I feel like he's my wee best friend. I just adore him.

TBH all i usually hear is how much someone wants 'a boy' when they first find out they are pregnant and men generally want a son and in certain cultures its generally boy orientated.

so i think its highly refreshing to hear people talk about wanting girls and i mean not just after they have had 2 or 3 sons first.

i have 3 brothers more uncles then aunties and had only nephews until my girls came along, i love my girls to pieces and so glad i have daughters,
we arent having any more children but if i had a 3rd i would like another girl i have no ickling in me to want/need a son.

Not all boys are little sh*ts and not all girls are either, you get your easy/hard children no matter what sex.

one thing that does annoy me is that people dont want teenage daughters.....why....?.....why is that worse than a teenage son? i just dont understand that. :shrug:

i think all people out their have their prefrence some people want daughters some want sons thats life.

one thing that does annoy me is that people dont want teenage daughters.....why....?.....why is that worse than a teenage son? i just dont understand that. :shrug:

Dunno chickie, I was much much better behaved as a teenager than my brother.

It's one of the things I get told alot 'Thank goodness he's a boy, he's gonna be an easy teenager!' lol :shrug:

Dunno chickie, I was much much better behaved as a teenager than my brother.

It's one of the things I get told alot 'Thank goodness he's a boy, he's gonna be an easy teenager!' lol :shrug:

Yeah me too, i have 3 brothers and out of the 4 of us i was the one my parents never worried about or had trouble with x

" A boy is yours till he finds a wife, a girl is yours for the rest of your life".

sorry but i hate this saying.
I think it all depends on the relationship you have with your children x
DH isnt that close to his mum so doesnt see her very often but I'm incredibly close to my mum & see her pretty much everyday
but then on the other hand my BF's brother is extremely close to his mum & goes on holiday with his family every year & they do alot together & he's 32
and then you have DH's little brother who's GF cant stand her mum but is really close with DH's mum as is BIL x so I dont think its down to gender just down to the relationship you have with them x

I always wanted a girl (my sister has 2 who i'm really close with) and I always thought boys were rough, boistrous & naughty & girls were sweet, kind & gentle x but about 2 weeks before my due date I had a change of heart and desperately wanted a boy & thats what I got & I wouldnt change him for the world x Yes he's mischeivious but what toddlers arent x He's really cuddly & loving & very much a mummy's boy :cloud9:

I have one of each and to me, thats perfect. I got what I wanted both times. Boy first, girl second. I would have been upset if I didnt have a girl as I only ever planned 2 children. I do every day feel blessed.

I find people do sometimes get defensive, I have a friend with 4 boys and constantly makes a point when Rubys is whining. I just laugh it off lol. I know she wants a girl!

My mum had 3 girls though and I loved growing up with 2 sisters :D

no offence... but the people i know who have one of each are the worst LOL

I got and get so many comments from people i know with one of each sex saying things like:
'ahhh what a shame its not a boy' (when i was expecting my 2nd) then you would have one of each....such a shame.... and 'oh you have two girls? are you having any more? going to try for a boy?'

ummm NO.....i have my two happy healthy girls and if anything i think its nicer to have two of the same sex as they can relate to each other. i always wanted a sister so im glad my girls have each other in that respect and if i did have a boy i would want another boy so they had each other to iykwim. x

no offence... but the people i know who have one of each are the worst LOL

I got and get so many comments from people i know with one of each sex saying things like:
'ahhh what a shame its not a boy' (when i was expecting my 2nd) then you would have one of each....such a shame.... and 'oh you have two girls? are you having any more? going to try for a boy?'

ummm NO.....i have my two happy healthy girls and if anything i think its nicer to have two of the same sex as they can relate to each other. i always wanted a sister so im glad my girls have each other in that respect and if i did have a boy i would want another boy so they had each other to iykwim. x

I dont say that to people but I DO feel amazingly grateful because I did get what I wanted and I love looking at boys things and then remembering I can look at girls stuff too so I like that :) I know that I would have loved 2 girls just as much. I think 2 girls would be lovely. My mum didn't want a boy, she was really happy with 3 girls :)

I think I would have been a bit disappointed with 2 boys (without sounding bad) I do have personal reasons for wanting a girl but I do know it was 50/50 lol.

Thats just my opinion.

Lucky my kids have auntys and uncle close in age (avatar) My kids are 5 & 6 and they have an uncle who is 6 and a aunty who is 4 so they are so close like siblings :)

Lucky my kids have auntys and uncle close in age (avatar) My kids are 5 & 6 and they have an uncle who is 6 and a aunty who is 4 so they are so close like siblings :)

awwww thats lovely :thumbup: and i wasnt suggesting you were like that at all:flower:
just that it seems to be what i always hear from collegues/friends/ parents in the playground.....

when i hear 'ahhh its a shame Eleece isnt a boy'....i feel quite offended by that shes my little girl and wouldnt change her for anything plus why do people assume i want a boy and vice versa for people who have two boys iykwim....just feel sad people feel that way and even say such things. xxx

When I look after my sister in law and see her and my daughter playing I realise how lovely 2 girls must be. x

I have a little boy! He is loud, busy and hard work, but he is also intelligent, loving and social. He prob is all those things in the article, He loves chasing pigeons, which is something my OH taught him :dohh: he loves wrestling and does like to "tackle" other kids :wacko: we try to teach him to be gentle, but he is only 19 months only and the kids im talking about are between 3 - 8 years! :dohh:

I wouldnt have it any other way, he is beautiful, happy and loving. He is a really good child.

Now im pregnant ... with twins ... both boys. Im glad its two boys not two girls (im just imagining twin girl hormornes), but we were hoping for one of each lol!

Im happy with my boys, i would have loved to parent a girl too, but i feel so lucky and blessing to have my boys. who knows what the future holds? prob more boys lol!

I always imagined having a daughter when I thought about having babies and I 'knew' she was a girl from about 8 weeks pregnant, I never looked at boys clothes or accessories even though we stayed on team yellow.
I would've been over the moon with either gender though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->