Smoked Turkey - safe??

meganb

Reaction score
I realllllllllllllly have the strongest craving for a smoked turkey, lettuce and mayo sandwich but have read that deli meats aren't safe???

Can anyone tell me if it's true or can I go and indulge?!!

Deli Meat: Deli meats have been known to be contaminated with listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection or blood poisoning, which may be life-threatening. If you are pregnant and you are considering eating deli meats, make certain that you reheat the meat until it is steaming.

This one is the one i had trouble with with my 1st pregnancy too cos there was conflicting advice all over. I asked my doctor this question (about all deli meat, pre packaged) and he said it was fine to eat as long as it was from a reputable place. Think this one is an each to their own one as there's no certain yes or no, set in stone answer :shrug: wish the health profs would make up their minds

im dying for one but im too afriad to eat it and get sick so i just buy chicken cook it and cut it into sandwhich slices lol

"Methylates Found in hot dogs and lunch meats, they unwind DNA that’s not supposed to be unwound."
https://doctoroz.com/pregnancy-videos/pregnancy-sponsor

Thanks girls, I had a roast chicken sandwich instead - not quite the same but ho hum!!

Any chance you could like it toasted with cheese instead of the lettuce and mayo - then it gets heated and you can eat safely?! Just a suggestion...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->