• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Smoker Or Nonsmoker

Little prgram I have is really good an the pennies will show more real soon.

Theres a girl on the smoking form & in 5 months she hasn't smoked over 1000's an saved over £1600 or something

I had one puff of one cigarette when I was about 14 when I was out one night. My best friend at the time saw me and was so disgusted she sent me to Coventry for the week. I was so gutted, I've never went near them again.

Funnily enough, she ended up a heavy smoker. :?

Helen said:
I had one puff of one cigarette when I was about 14 when I was out one night. My best friend at the time saw me and was so disgusted she sent me to Coventry for the week. I was so gutted, I've never went near them again.

Funnily enough, she ended up a heavy smoker. :?

:lol: Bless, that is so sweet! But typical she ended up a heavy smoker......just like my sister, she would preach to everyone about how discusting it was and bad for you etc and then she had to eat humble pie when people found out she was someone who discusted herself :lol:

well. i smoke. i love smoking. its my vice (i think thats the word) when i'm stressed and just need a minute to myself i go outside, and smoke. i probably should quit, but i like it. i could quit, i don't normally smoke in the morning until noonish (some days i smoke before then, but normally) i guess i just like it. :oops:

thats awesome all of you who've quit tho :D congrats :D

Wobbles said:
6 that quit - Gosh thats really good.

Nobody admits to smoking yet though :lol:

I'll admit it!!!
I smoke, but loads less than i used to as i never ever smoke around my children
It's weird but i smoke more when i am on computer for some reason (in a different room)
so i have been smoking less latley as i can't get on as much :?

Tried to stop loads of times but my will power is zilch, saying that though if i am on a night out with my mate who doesn't smoke, I only smoke between pubs as i don't like smoking around people who don't

Thats it!!!! i should just be in pub all the time with my mate :lol:

I did smoke but quit just over a yr ago! But i had a sneeky smoke on my weddin day i was drunk!
XX

Im not a smoker, I hate being around smoke! It never used to bother me I was used to it working in the pub, but since leaving there I cant stand to be near smoke!

What do you think about the ban in public places? cant even smoke in a bus shelter, think its from july!

I think its a really good idea and about time, non smokers shouldnt have to inhale other peoples smoke, Personally I think that smoking is slowly phasing out, its less "trendy" than it used to be and more people are seeing it as a disgusting thing than a "cool" thing! I think the adverts have helped this!

p.s Sorry to any smokers, I dont think your discusting, just smoking is and have never been addicted to smoking to know how hard it must be to quit! I can imagine it must be!

In a way I think the ban is a good thing but for someone who has never smoked (not you personally Lauz) I guess the answer would be "yes ban it about time" you have to remember the goverment push this in peoples faces & they make a damn lot of money off 'us smokers'. If they wanted to do something about it take them off the shelves fullstop! This world is starting to control our every move & I don't think I'd like to be about in 100 years time so thank god I won't be!

I do agree there should be some STOP point - In pubs for example I think banning smoking inside is good where food is served but what do you think it will do to businesses if they cannot smoke in the pub OR outside?

I think it's wrong yet right in different ways.

i feel for smokers. as if they want to go out for the day where do they have a quick smoke??
but i hate in public places especially walking through town and the person in front is smoking and its blowing it the kids face.

why did every one start smoking in the first place?

did you try it and think ummmm this is nice?
im glad i didnt give in as when i was 14 it was the cool thing to do

wrong but right in different ways!

I know what you mean and it is easy for me to say its a good thing as a non-smoker! If I were a smoker I'd probably say the same as others , what about our free will, were being told what to do ect and thats understandable aswell! For example if mobiles were banned in public placed beucase they were bad for our health then my reaction would be like that!

BUT I do think its a good thing if smoking phases out, if people make the descion for themselves and the descion isnt made for them.

Dionne said:
why did every one start smoking in the first place?

It used to be encourage believe it or not, i remember me Gran telling me, when she was younger it was all the rage, and there were advertisments telling them it was "cool" to smoke, The only thing i worry about with the huge ban on smoking in public is, if it does encourage people to quit where will the government get the extra money from?, smokers pay alot of tax on there ciggies.

I do agree Dionne & Lauz even about bus stops - Completely agree but the way things are now it's really about control in my eyes - If they want the control then take them OFF the shelves but instead they push them in peoples faces & then when they give people that option they try & control peoples lifestyles ... I can't quite word it as I'm thinking it. I think its right yet over the top as well but certainly should be some strict control but this is madness.

Trying to quit myself & not because of this ban so it won't effect me (hopefully) but I have been a smoker & I would never deny knowing I was in that position.

Wouldn't effect me much I guess anyway as I rarely go out now & I work from home :D

I think the ban in public places is terrible...........now I don't smoke, but you are taking away peoples freedom!

I was the sort of smoker who wouldn't smoke around a non smoker, so I think as long as people have the decency to respect non smokers and not puffing in their faces, why shouldn't you be able to smoke as and where?

And as far as restaurants and pubs.......what is wrong with a non smoking and a well ventilated smoking area? :? I loved nothing more than a cigarette with a drink or after food.....I feel for smokers nowadays, and yes I know how bad it is for you, but it is up to the individual to choose whether s/he smokes or not!

And I totally agree with Wobbles, the government should either take the bloody things off the shelves, or stop interfering in peoples lives and telling us how we will control "our habits" (couldn't think of another word)!

Tam said:
I think the ban in public places is terrible...........now I don't smoke, but you are taking away peoples freedom!

Completely Disagree, I think that the government should've done it years ago like in California.

I want to be protected against the anti-social, and possibly life threatening passive smoke!

Why should I be affected by someone elses bad habit?

BAN SMOKING NOW!!!!

Yeah but you have never liked it and have no idea how it affects someone not being able to smoke if they want one.........as I said, I do think smokers should respect non smokers space......so where is the problem as long as a smoker isn't smoking in your face or for you to get the second hand smoke?

And if the government was more interested in 'our health' rather than lining their pockets, they would outright ban the bloody things all together, true? or false!

I agree BAN Ciggies, although I think the Black market would make it very hard to Police.

Easier for Proprietors of pubs, clubs, resatuarants, etc are made to prevent people smoking in enclosed spaces!

I can't wait for the ban to come in. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and can smell it from a hundred miles away. I can smell it if someone in the car in front of me in traffic is smoking or just walking past someone outside. And there's nothing worse than getting a whiff on someone's clothes or breath. :sick:

I think eventually smoking will be banned entirely, but they can't just take that step overnight.

ImTheDaddy said:
I agree BAN Ciggies, although I think the Black market would make it very hard to Police.

Easier for Proprietors of pubs, clubs, resatuarants, etc are made to prevent people smoking in enclosed spaces!

I agree with the confined spaces, but if the premises are big enough, then put in a well ventilated smoking area too.....

The smoke ban has been in scotland for a while now-we are now employing Environmental Wardens to deal specifically with issuing fixed penalty notices (£30 fine) to people who are standing outside in the doorways/entrances of pubs and clubs smoking.

U walk past all the pubs and there are masses of people gathering outside smoking it looks terrible. :roll:

I am in two minds about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"