Smoker Or Nonsmoker

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Just wondered how many smokers, nonsmokers & ex-smokers we have!

:D

I call myself a nonsmoker. I did used to smoke socially (when drinking) but never enough to call myself a smoker IYSWIM?

i used to smoke, i quit when i got pregnant with Coby, have to admit id love to start up again, if we had the money i probably would, i miss it

xx

Cool - 3 that quit

Well done :D

Layla why oh why :shock: THe money you have probably saved. I posted a quitkeeper thing in the healthy ways bit! Its well smart - One girl I seen saved over £1600 in 5 months! :shock:

Mine at the moment is:

I have been quit for 8 hours, 9 minutes and 36 seconds (0 days). I have saved £2.91 by not smoking 13 cigarettes. I have saved 1 hour and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 04/02/2007 08:00

Its a bit strange because I'd of had more that 13 by now but I think it splits the fags you smoke into the hours per day so this should be 40 fags £8.60 by tomorrow! :D

So for anyone whos quit ...

How did you do it?
How many times did you try to quit?
How long before that craving left? (the desperate one)

I smoked up to 40 a day, them moved onto rollies cause it was costing me too much!
I smoked my last fag on Bonfire night 2 years ago, When OH said to me at the end of the fireworks display that we could try for a baby. And bought me a soft toy, which I still have.

Im very sad, but it was a memorable evening :)

i havent put ive quite as its only been 2 whole weeks so keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good :)

wobbles did you see that link to that tape?

lol wobbles, i think its coz that was the only thing i did for myself, going out the back for a ciggy was me time and a time to think in peace.

it was my one pleasure so to speak

xx

I used to smoke, although was never heavily addicted and mainly smoked when i went out. The day i found out i was pregnant i stopped straight away and havent looked back since! :D

Wobbles said:

How did you do it?

Please don't think I am being a big head coz I aint, I just believe I was well and truely ready to give up.......

I gave up after a night in the city, when I couldn't be bothered to do anything the next day, then I saw someone spark up in Corrie and realised "oh I aint had a ciggy all day, not even thought about it.....right, if I can do it for one day, I can do it for the rest of my life". I have never touched a cigarette again since 21/09/05

To give up with my heart in it............ just that once.

I have never had a craving for a cigarette since I decided to give up, I just never fancied one ever again!

I know a lot of people struggle, but I never believed I was addicted, and when I was ready, I could give up with a click of the fingers..........the reason I smoked was coz I enjoyed it, and out of boredom! I always said when I was ready to give up I would give up no problem, and I did!

Wobbles said:

How did you do it?

I quit using the Gum, it was my first attempt at quitting, the cravings weren't much of a problem as i used the gum to deal with it, i found the hard part was keeping your hands busy, so you don't miss the hand to mouth action to much, and help this i did alot of finger knitting and playing computer games :D

non smoker, never tried it and I never will. Prefer the booze :lol:

i h8 2 b a pain...

but i ocassionally smoke wen im drinkin(maybe a couple of drags out a fag)
so i dunno whether 2 put smoker or quit??

i dont smoke i really really hate it.

the smell is vile nothing worse then getting on a bus when its been raining outside and some one who has just been smoking gets on :sick:

i wouldnt go with a man if he smoked.

im lucky because Kris is the same as me

6 that quit - Gosh thats really good.

Nobody admits to smoking yet though :lol:

what made my mum give up was every day she put the money into a jar that her and my dad would have spent on fags. by the end of the week she had saved loads it gave her loads of encouragment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->