smoking and pregnant

Kathleen1994

Pregnant - 2nd trimester
Reaction score
i am scared cause i wanna give it up but not cold turkey i will quit after 12 weeks cause then i know i will be on the safe side.. how much cigarettes per day when pregnant should i smoke??

Ideally you shouldn't be smoking any, maybe chat to your doctor about how to quit

I dont agree with smoking througout pregnancy one it. I was a heavy smoker when I found out I was pregnant, when I found out on the Sunday I was pregnant I had bought a pack of 20 and Ill hold my hands up and I DID smoke them because I was in denial of me bing pregnant when I was told I couldnt have them.

I gave up the next day pretty much and its the best thing I ever did.

My friend was pregnant with her little girl and her doctor told her to cut down as it will cause too much stress on the baby so I think you need to go see your doctor/midwife and talk to them.

I give up when i found out i was pregnant cold turkey yes it was hard but think of your baby that should be reason enough to stop hun x

Quit now, the damage is done before 12 weeks, not just after.

I agree with the quitting now. I know some people who have used their baby as motivation to not smoke anymore. Maybe you could do something similar. Talking to your doctor is a good idea though, maybe they can advise you on stuff that will help making quitting easier.

i am afraid too stress to :nope:
i don't want another miscarriage

I had three miscarriages hun and to be honest the last thing I wanted to do would be put my unborn child at any risk. I know it's a worry but you can do it ( I was a smoker )

I understand the stress but you really need to put the baby first x

none.

I know that quitting smoking is supposed to be very hard but you need to think every one you smoke you are giving you baby less oxygen.

Would you smoke around a newborn? I hope not so dont do it to your baby.

Smoking increases the risk or premature birth and low birth weights.

Stop smoking today for your babys sake. They come first now.

You should try and stop. I smoked before I fell pregnant, but I stopped as soon as I found out and now I have a beautiful little girl who I can't imagine not being around.. It makes me feel so glad I quit now looking at my healthy daughter. It will be hard I know, but there is plenty of support out there and the midwife should be able to refer you to someone who can help! Best of luck to you.

i will quit but wanna talk to my doctor first and ask him the best way.

I went cold turkey. I regret ever having them when I was pregnant with William and blame me on how he acts now sometimes. I threw them in the bin and never looked back. I will never forgive me for the short time I had them for as my mum smoked with me when pregnant and I am not ok. If you are worried about stress wean off them so its not such a shock but do something.

Definately speak to your doctor hun, its not easy but they can help.
I found out at 4 weeks I was pregnant, and it took me till 7 weeks to get the courage up to speak to someone about it as Id told myself I couldnt do it.

I have a smoking cessation lady that came out the day after the dr's visit and ive not touched a cigarette since her first visit. She gave some brilliant advice, offered me all the NRT that I could want (ended up using none as I hated it all!) and she made it a lot easier.

You can do it, its hard going but you can defo do it. You have this amazing reason to do so now.

I know you are worried about stress, but smoking can also increase risk of miscarriage, so better to quit asap.
if you google smoking cessation for your area, you'll find there is a team dedicated to helping smokers quit...often there are people in that team who work only with pregnant ladies and their families, and they will make it easy as possible for you

good luck xx

i know first hand that its difficult to give up, but i went cold turkey.......the stress of craving a fag is no way near as harmfull to the baby as the fag is

every time you inhale smoke, it is effectively the same as putting a 'kink' in the umbilical cord. YOU are literally cutting the oxygen off to your baby!

you can google tips on how to stop smoking, i found that i went from eating 3 meals to eating little and often, so i kind of replaced nicotine with food lol.

good luck and the sooner the better!!!

The day I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking. I wasn't stressed because I thought why should I baby smoke too? It's not a nice thing to do. I won't go back to it either.
xoxox

i am scared cause i wanna give it up but not cold turkey i will quit after 12 weeks cause then i know i will be on the safe side.. how much cigarettes per day when pregnant should i smoke??

Ok so you know you shouldnt smoke, so i wont go on, but at least consider using a ecig instead of a real cigarette, you still get the nicotine but not all those harmful toxins and poisons, www.10motives.com then buy lots of lollipops to wean of them

I would talk to your doctor as soon as you can. In certain situations quitting cold turkey can cause a miscarriage but in the meantime I'd at least cut down a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->