smoking and pregnant

smoking's more harmful than stress, and you have more chance of miscarrying via smoking than stress.

please quit, for the sake of that little one.

Smoking while pregnant is selfish. End of. Quit quit quit!!! It'll be the best thing you'll ever do. The smoking is more likely to cause a miscarriage than stress.

I was on 20 a day when I fell pregnant. I know how hard it is. I gave up and I will never look back

Have you tried quitting yet to know it's stressful? Not everyone finds it a major source of stress. I've never been a smoker to quit but everyone around me has given up in the past few years and it has been clearly easier on some than others. One of my friends gave up one day after a particularly bad cough, just binned them and that was that (my Dad did the same thing, though sadly his 'cough' turned out to be lung cancer and he died). It might not be as difficult as you think, but living with the effects smoking can have on your baby definitely will.
I've never in my life heard of miscarriage by quitting cigarettes, but I'm going to guess a smoker came up with that nugget. You're going to have to deal with stress throughout your pregnancy, it's just a part of life. It won't harm your baby and neither will quitting.

I quit while pregnant with my daughter at about 7/8 weeks. You should gradually cut down on your cigarettes per day. Cutting cold turkey can potentially cause a miscarriage so as long as you cut down gradually you should be fine. I know its really hard to quit buts its totally worth it. :hugs: :hugs:

I'm sorry but I don't understand this, when my husband and I got together he said to me that he would never be with a smoker long term so I quit. Just like that. I went from a pack a day to nothing. Why? Because he was worth it.

Your baby should be worth this to you. Your baby is currently developing all it's major systems and it can't do that to the best of it's ability if you are poisoning your body with cigarettes.

Quitting seems like the only option to me. If I was still a smoker I would quit the second I found out I as pregnant. Baby comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->