smoking in third trimester

I had my last cigarette the day I found out I was pregnant.

I was lucky though - I had been trying to quit for years, and once or twice had managed to go months at a time without a cigarette, so this was just the final push I needed to kick the habit for good. There's no way I'll be smoking after the baby's here either because I hate the thought of her smelling smoke off me.

Good luck to everyone who's still trying to quit and/or cut down. Even if you're on 10 a day now, if you cut down by just one cigarette a day every week, you could be cigarette-free within a couple of months.

No-one can say its 'easy' to quit just because they found it easy. I don't think that is fair. You don't know everyones circumstances, you don't know what they deal with on a day to day basis. People who have quit, saying its 'easy' congratulations but just because you found it easy doesn't mean other people do.. Don't turn this thread nasty!

It took a while but by 3 or 4 months I have almost quit.cut down from about 30 a day to 3-5...around that time, fob left me out of the blue, I lost my apartment, started getting extremely painful contractions, moved in with my mother, grandfather died yesterday...jeesh. unfortunately I'm back to smoking about a pack per day again & struggling to re-quit. I'm so soo paranoid at what this is doing to my little girl but this time around its so hard to kick the habit :-/ fob is definitely not making it easy as he's treating me like the bad Guy! I know your worry hon! I'm 30+1 btw.

I hate cigarettes so I can't relate at all to be honest. I used to smoke weed occassionally but stopped before we stopped trying and did it so seldom I can imagine it is nothi like a 40 cigarette a day habit!. Although my initial reaction to people who smoke in pregnancy is "Omg how could you?!!!" (typical), now that I have gestational diabetes I can relate how difficult habits are to break! I have struggled so much wanting carbs, a big plate of pasta or rice or chocolate etc and it makes me sad when I fail and give in but I am good more often than not so I guess that is the closest I can relate.

I'm really glad to hear that you put a stop for it in the house with baby around though, good idea :). I would put a stop on it a few weeks earlier to give the air in th place time to clear and stuff. I used to let people smoke in my house (but I wouldn't be around for it) but have put a full stop on as of this January. Even smokey coats need to be left by the door and not brought in the house! I just feel that even if I were to smoke or my husband or whatever, it's not our place to impose the smoke on a helpless baby. So good for you and keep cutting down, the more the better!

Yah for such a supportive thread!! And secondly, I am not a smoker (my 13yr old is severe asthmatic) nor is my DH. But I know one habit is as hard as any habit to break. (Mine would be caffeine) Good for you for cutting back so much. And furthermore, you are aware of the habit and you have a conscious about it. And I hope that came out right!!! I guess what I'm saying is some moms might be like "screw it" "who cares" and just toke away, care free, selfishly. All the mamas here are trying...trying says a lot. Cutting back says even more. And you can quit with continued effort but I know that will take time. And now I'm rambling!! Good luck and WELCOME TO BNB!!!

Hello im new on here and just wanted to see if im the only person who is still smoking in pregnancy im due on 2nd april 2011 and im having a little boy, I have cut down alot but im just finding it so difficult this time this is my 3rd baby I smoked with my 1st stopped with the 2nd and I just cant seem to do it I feel soo guilty...I have been going through a stressful time ive just lost my house and ive got to move in 2 weeks but thats not a good enough excuse please let me know im not the only one :cry:

I'm DUE THE SAME DAY (April 2nd) AND HAVING A BOY ALSO! And unfortunalty I smoke too. Just recently cut back to 1 a day about a month ago and prior to that, 6-7 a day, sometimes less. I had one today for the first time in 5 days! In my defense, I didn't know I was preggers till 5 1/2 months! It's hard, but if you don't have them around, it makes it easier to accept. Hopefully we will both be okay :)

I tried so hard all through my pregnancy to stop, but I've had a very stressful time the last 9 months which made it impossible to quit. I did cut down to 10, then over time it got less and less, then I didn't feel well one day and just stopped, this was only 3 weeks ago (I'm due next wed). I was honest with my midwife from the start, she was very positive and didn't try and scare me.
I have been paranoid about what my smoking has done but what's done is done there's not alot I can do now.

Keep us 1-2ers (smokes) a day posted and I personally wish you the best. Im sure everything will be just fine.

I am smoking too, i quite for the 1st 13 weeks. & then i started to have half a cigarette now and again. And then i gave up for a following 2-4 weeks. And then i have started again, but me and my partner only have half a fag each every time we smoke. I cannot smoke a whole fag any more. I do feel guilty for smoking while pregnant, but i feel proud of my self for giving up and then i feel stupid for starting up again after i done so well, but it's extremely hard. I know there's no excuses, but i really don't smoke alot during a day. All together we have about 3 each because we two's on fags.
At all our scans, our baby boy is healthy :) & now his weighing 3 weeks ahead. So his going to be a big boy :D Me and the baby's daddy are going to try our hardest to quite before the baby is due, :) xx

I'm still smoking. I have around 10 a day but I have cut down from a pack a day. It's just the last little bit thats hard to kick. I'm in your boat hunny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->