Smoking - Shock Baby?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok well it's always been pretty hard for me to post about my smoking but it helps too - Gives me something to read back on an think!!

Anyway I use to smoke about 30-40 a day lights but I cut to 10 then I found the ultras so my nicotine intake was like 2/10 of what it was on 10 lights. My problem was waiting for it all to go wrong I figured if I accepted the pregnancy as the furthest we have ever reached & it went wrong I would give myself a harder fall but I don't think I would of I was just trying to keep a barrier up.

Not feeling pregnant how I thought I would put me back on edge again but the doppler has kind of changed things I think! It's starting to sink in, talking about things, can't wait to buy stuff etc.

SO the ultras have now left the building too BUT I am worried!!! I've read & seen people mention that quitting can shock the fetus & could be more damaging :wacko: even on Google people saying their GP adviced them to cut down rather than give up for this very reason!! Does anyone know any facts on this??

char
this wont shock the baby I think this is defo scare-mongering what will happen and why it is advised to cut down is for the mother,so you are less stressed etc nothing to do with the baby.

Thousands just stop and tbh it will be better to stop for the baby it wont harm it I promise you.

Dont worry hun I know it is so so hard,if you want to stop then do so without worry but if you want to just cut down then thats good too (better than a lot I mean)

Take care
bex.x

Why would a GP tell his patient that! Its all barmy!

Thanks Bexxie :hugs: ~ Its the none I'm doing but its all worrying what diff people seem to be told by profesionals!

Sweetie you have cut right down before you stopped and ultras at that, you won't have shocked the baby i'm sure

I was one of the ones told not to stop instantly, its madness i know

Oh I didn't know that Jo. What were you told & how did you get on?

x

When i found out was PG with jack and went for booking in they did all the stuff and the how bad it is for baby to smoke, but told me not to stop straightaway as could shock baby:wacko:

I cut down to 10 ultras a day and they said just to reduce gradually if i could
Its mad as differant people tell you differant things, i just went with instinct at end and ended up on about 5 ultra a day:blush:

Thats good (5 ultras) - Did you manage to completely quit Jo or did that scare you?

I'm ashamed to say that no i didn't quit completly
It didn't scare me, i just didn't quit:blush:

Youv'e done really well, i'm so proud of you:hugs:

It freaks me out a bit seeing a GP would tell someone that.

Crazy world!!

It was my midwife that told me that but it is crazy and then they wonder why expectant mums get stressed!!

:hugs: I think ur doin great wobbles an i dont think it would shock baby cos u havent just completly stopped uve cut down first havent u?? Its true bout docs an m/w's tellin u not to stop completly cos my friends m/w told her not to just stop!
xx

Was told not to ust stop, cut down as it could shock baby ... but for the first 12wks it wouldn't be getting to baby anyway because its not getting nutriants from the placenta yet.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->