Smoking

Elli21

Reaction score
I quit when i was pregnant with Leigha. And lately, over the last 5 months ive been buying 10 now and then and having crafty smoking days. But for the last week ive brought 10 a day.
I want them, not need them.

I dont like smoking but it helps sometimes and gives me some minutes of time out for me!

And it stops me snacking.

:hissy::hissy:

I dont want to start smoking again but i feel like i need a little something right now :shrug:

:hug: I was a smoker before i got preg but the min i found out i gave up. Managed till jacob was about 4 months or so then when i went for a night out i ended up having a fag :dohh: now i only smoke when i go out. I manage through the day ok. On the odd day ill have one when jacob is in bed. But thats once or so a week. Thing is smoking never leaves you. And it is hard. And people can critisize smokers all they want, we all know the health risks and we are all adults and its our choice.

Anyone what im trying to say is your not alone. XxxX

You def are not alone with that... I had smoked for aound 12 years (15 when started) I quit for almost a year Got stressed as hubby was overseas and we had a scare and I started again. I stopped a second time for almost 2 years and couldnt even stand the smell of it but yet I have started again about 2 monthes or so ago.

I gave up last august when i found out i was pregnant....charlie is nearly a month old now and although so far i have resisted the urge..i am dying for one. I really want to carry on not smoking but am dreading having a drink - not sure the willpower will hold up. definitely not alone hun. :hug:

I'm exactly the same :( it's annoying me because I quit for so long, I want to stop again completely but I say that and then when I stress it's like 'it's only one' but it's one too many! I hate smoking, I hate the taste, the smell, the stress afterward 'cause I've had one... I actually just had one. It's like I'm waiting for stressful things to happen so I'll have an excuse to have one, when I know I was stressed before and did something else instead, I just can't remember what that was... :cry:

I feel you Elli, i gave up whilst pregnant and suprise suprise im back on the fags again.

TBH i think im always going to be a smoker, even throughout my pregnancy i still considered myself a smoker, i just wasnt smoking because i was pregnant

You're def not alone hun it's really hard. I think smoking stays with you regardless of how long you stop for

*hugs* dont beat yourself up and just do what you can, and you know theres loads of support here for you if you need it.

xxx

I feel you Elli, i gave up whilst pregnant and suprise suprise im back on the fags again.

TBH i think im always going to be a smoker, even throughout my pregnancy i still considered myself a smoker, i just wasnt smoking because i was pregnant

that is how i feel - like it is pretty inevitable that i'll have another one. reckon that is why oh hasn't given up yet! xxx

Couldn't have put it better myself, and I know I can go without, because I did when I was pregnant, and I do when I'm at home, it's only when I'm at work that I seem to smoke - think it's because OH hates it, and I can't deal with the confrontation all the time.

:hugs: Elli, you are definately not alone on this one xxx

I was the same holly... I quit when pregnant but always said "ill probably smoke again" and I knew I would, so I did!! I did have a crafty odd one or 2 when preg as well!!

Im so keen to quit again soon though...

join us on the quit smoking support thread :):)

:hugs:

Im exsactly the same Emma...i have to keep smoking from OH. He knows i do it, but if he were to find my ciggys, or catch me having one, he'd tear them up or have a go.

As if im a little girl :hissy:

I smoked for 14 years before we decided to start TTC Harry. I quit, and haven't smoked since - not even one... but I do know how you feel. There have been SO many times since Harry's been born that I could have easily had a cigarette. I think the main thing is - there's no real reason to not smoke now if you know what i mean? Before, it was because I was pregnant - but now i'm not. I'm not even breastfeeding anymore. I dunno - it's really difficult, and shit that you can quit smoking but that for the rest of your life you will always want something. I'm not planning on going back on the cigs, but am finding myself feeling quite begrudged more and more.

Im exsactly the same Emma...i have to keep smoking from OH. He knows i do it, but if he were to find my ciggys, or catch me having one, he'd tear them up or have a go.

As if im a little girl :hissy:

Me too, it's daft that you have to sneak around like a naughty school child isn't it?

I haven't had a smoke since sunday morning and I'm going out of my mind tbh, I'm at OH's parents house and it's so fuckin boring I feel like my head's been turned inside out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->