Smoothies

Babybump87

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Breville Blend Active or Nutri Bullet etc.

What do you make in yours ? I want to start making breakfast smoothies as I always seem to skip breakfast when doing the school run !

Any ideas ?! Thanks

I don’t have either...but I do make smoothies when I’m running out of energy around 4pm and it’s still a while until dinner.

If they can blitz frozen fruit I find that works great and I like the thicker texture it gives. I buy a bunch of bananas and when they’re at the point I like them, I cut them up and portion one banana at a time in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer. Then I have frozen strawberries too as I hate the waste from fresh strawberries and I actually think they taste sweeter. At the moment I’m not being too inventive just strawberry and banana but there are loads of recipes out there!

I have a Nutri Ninja and my favourite smoothie is frozen pineapple, frozen strawberries, a small banana, big dollop of vanilla yoghurt and some water as it's very thick!

Oooo thanks ladies they both sound yummy ! I will give them both a try !

Good tip to freeze left over fruit ! It will just be me having them. I’ve been doing some googling too ! x

I have the blend active it's fab!

I take a smoothie every morning to work as I don't eat before leaving home. I drink it in the car

I use one frozen banana, 5 tablespoons of oats, 2 tablespoons of linseed, half tablespoon of chia seeds, squeeze of honey and blend with milk. Keeps me full til lunch xx

I don’t have either...but I do make smoothies when I’m running out of energy around 4pm and it’s still a while until dinner.

If they can blitz frozen fruit I find that works great and I like the thicker texture it gives. I buy a bunch of bananas and when they’re at the point I like them, I cut them up and portion one banana at a time in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer. Then I have frozen strawberries too as I hate the waste from fresh strawberries and I actually think they taste sweeter. At the moment I’m not being too inventive just strawberry and banana but there are loads of recipes out there!

I do this with bananas! They are best when turning brown. Nice and sweet xx

Tesco have frozen berries which work out cheaper. I blend what I have ...

Berries
Half banana
Nt butters
Whey
Coconut water
Almond milk
Just water
Honet
Chia seeds
Linseeds
Oats
Total 0% yog