Snack ideas - please help me!

BethK

Reaction score
I seriously need to lose weight!
I need to lose 16lb quite fast for IVF.

Next week I will start WW but until then I really need help!

This is only day 1 and I feel so pathetic!

I'm a really fussy eater and have nut allergies.

I had no breakfast this morning as I was avoiding bread, I don't like many cereals except weetabix and rice crispies, but I've been told they're bad so I went without.

At lunch time I had a tiny bit of fruit salad and a tiny bit of tuna pasta.

I've had nothing since then, I'm SO hungry that I feel I can't do this already and I'm only on day 1!

I'm so hungry I feel like gorging myself tonight on chips and I'm sat here bawling and I'm so angry with myself! I should be able to do this to give my daughter a sibling and I can't even get through one day!!

Please please give me some down to earth snack ideas for me to get me through to lunch and from lunch at 12 to tea at 8!

String cheese, yogurt, baby carrots or other raw veggie with light dressing, pretzels, a piece of fruit.

You're hungry because you're not eating enough, don't go overboard or it's counter productive, you're body will go into "starvation mode" and you won't loose any weight, your body will actually hold onto it's fat reserves and you're also going to get really fatigued.

You don't need to avoid bread, just stay away from white bread. I'm personally not a fan of whole wheat, I just don't like it at all, so I eat rye usually instead.

Breakfast is SOOO important and I don't really like breakfast either, but I found something that I do really like and it's subsantial enough to keep me going until lunch if I don't have time for a mid-morning snack - frozen breakfast sandwichs, but low cal./low fat ones. Special K brand makes them now (as well as Jimmy Dean and some others) and there's 3 different varieties, all under 300 calories. Protien is important to keep you feeling full, particularly in the morning. Do you like eggs?

Thanks for your reply. I agree I'm not eating enough, will get some low fat humours to eat with my carrots.

I do like eggs.

Not heard of a breakfast sandwich. Do you eat it frozen?

It's annoying as I really like weetabix and rice crispies but they're bad :(

Will look at swapping my bread, I don't have time for breakfast before I leave for work but when I get there I could eat it, we have a toaster, but I really want to stay away from too many carbs.

I know I'm going to have to make myself eat things I don't like, light yoghurt, celery etc but at the moment I'm really struggling, I just have no idea what foods to fill our fridge with to keep me going till tea time :(

The breakfast sandwiches are frozen and you microwave them, maybe they're a US thing if you haven't heard of them? They're pretty popular here, especially at coffee shops, it's usually an English muffin with egg (sort of cooked like an omlet so it's firm) and usually either a sausage patty or bacon (the low cal./fat ones use turkey instead of pork) and low fat cheese. Perfect balance for breakfast - protien, carbs. and just enough fat :) You could make your own of course, but I don't have time for that lol.

I don't like celery either :p lol and I never used to like yogurt until I discovered Greek yogurt. It's become really popular here, do you have that there? It's thicker, creamier and also has a lot more protein so it's more satisfying.

You don't need to stay away from carbs, just eat the good carbs, like whole grains and fruit, it's the processed white stuff that you want to avoid. You're body needs carbs, don't be afraid of them :)

You aren't eating near enough! You need more food than that so I'm not surprised you're starving.

For breakfast I generally have whole wheat pancakes and turkey bacon or a whole wheat bagel with fruit but I have friends who have a scrambled egg type thing with 1 egg, 1 egg white, peppers, onions, turkey bacon, and 1 ounce low fat cheese that they say is very filling.

For lunch I generally eat a sandwich and fruit.

For dinner I eat pretty much whatever just watch my portion sizes.

For snacks I have fruit or baby carrots during the day.

There is a WW support group in this area that you should check out :)

good luck!

What's wrong with Weetabix etc...?
Like the previous poster said too, you don't need to cut carbs. Weight loss is ultimately down to calories in vs calories out. If you ate 5000 calories per day, you'd gain weight, whether it was 5000 calories of bread or 5000 calories of broccoli.
Have your Weetabix tomoz - its much better for you than starving yourself.
Good luck, hun xx

No wonder you're so hungry, you're not eating enough :hugs: Weetabix definitely isn't unhealthy, it's a good breakfast. Try to get a good balance of carbs and protein every meal.
For snacks try some fruit, veg or yoghurt. I also like low calorie cup soups for a quick snack :)

Breakfast can be so many things! Protein shake blended with fruit, oatmeal with chopped fruit and 1TB pure maple syrup (not the instant oatmeal junk), 1 egg + 3 egg whites with tomato and green onion. Snacks, baby carrots and/or cherry tomatoes with hummus, protein shake, string cheese, greek yogurt with fruit, fruit.
As mommy says, the key isn't about starving yourself. Your body still needs fuel. Aim for at least 1300 cal/day, more if you are more active, and you should lose 1-2 lbs a week. Drink WATER, and lots of it. You should only drink water and maybe some tea here and there. You should get an account on myfitnesspal.com so you can track what you eat. Feel free to PM me if you have more q's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->