Sneaking back in...

Thanks MK! Follies looked good this AM, 17,17,18. Lining is a bit thin/borderline but should make it to at least 7mm by tomorrow. I surged tonight so won't get the trigger. IUI will happen tomorrow!

Oh wow Belle! Good luck today!!! I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks Wishn! I'm a bit anxious because I tend to have longer LH surges! "WHAT IF ITS TOO EARLY!??" But then I think about doing it tomorrow and I'm like "WHAT IF THAT'S TOO LATE!!??" lol, I think I'll just be unsatisfied either way! I have 3 eggs so I'm hoping one of those will pop out in the next 6-12 hours so that we at least have a chance.

I think IUI is most likely to work in the first 2 cycles anyway. This cycle is a bit of a test cycle and I'm not feeling too excited about my lining. The stupid thing is rather borderline. It might be too thin, but isn't thin enough to be considered a problem. UGH. Either way we've learned things this cycle. Judging by my response I don't think we'll be going the injectible route and I don't think an extended dose femara cycle would be necessary either. We'll probably just stay the course with femara and I'll do an IUI with acupuncture and ask for an estrogen supplement at my CD 10 ultrasound if lining is looking thin.

That sucks that it hurt! I never had any pain with any of mine.

I think you are smart to think of this as the test cycle. But, I hope it works! 24 million is good!

Ya the nurse said the count was pretty good. I was honestly shocked at how painful it was. Every step of it hurt. I think the nurse rushed the process. I had to practice deep breathing to get through it lol

But it's over now and I think we had reasonably good timing.

Belle your numbers are great! Those 3 eggies were flooded with swimmers! I think you have a great chance. Sorry to hear your IUI hurt! My IUI was so painful....I was utterly unprepared for that. I was squeezing DH's hand so hard, I swear it was a sneak peek at what labour pains must feel like. Did you do full bladder or empty? I did empty, but next time I'm going to do full and take 2 tylenols an hour before.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We opened up the cottage, so lots of quality time with my inlaws. The bugs were terrible, but it was pretty relaxing weekend of reading and napping for the most part. I'm 14 dpo today. No sign of AF except a heavy feeling in my uterus. I'm sure she'll be here in the next 24 h.

I did a full bladder because I heard that made things a little easier. My cervix is a bit tipped, so I think that is part of why it was so painful for me. It's not very easy to access for one and then its a funny angle for the catheter. I will definitely be taking 2 tylenol if I have to do this again. I had lots of spotting and cramping afterwards. It took a lot out of me!

Opening up the cottage sounds lovely Wishn :) What a great way to spend the long weekend! I'm still rooting for you that AF won't show!! We ended up digging a garden this weekend. Our back yard is looking so much nicer! I planted flowers and seeded the vegetable garden, and we set up this nice shade tent over our patio area as it gets SO HOT back there!

Hi ladies, I’ve been MIA for a while, but just had a lot going on and it was kinda nice to take a break from thinking and obsessing about fertility. I recently was offered a job about 2 hours away, so will be moving closer to the hospital (the commute would be horrible) and will come back home to visit my husband on my days off. I know this sounds strange, but in a way I am glad that I know that we can’t conceive naturally, because otherwise I would have been bummed about living 2 hours away and not being able to ttc for the next few months, and might have even passed up this offer just because of ttc. At least now I don’t have to worry about that lol

Wishn, glad to hear you were enjoying your time with your in-laws at the cottage. I hope AF did not show up for you.

Belle, sorry to hear that IUI was painful! I’m sure you are feeling much better by now, but yes taking some Tylenol sounds like a good idea, if you even need to go for another round. Also, having your own garden sounds so nice! We grew tomatoes one year but they sadly didn’t turn out too good lol It was one of my husband’s projects that he got tired of pretty quick haha

MKaykes, thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to hear your cousin’s baby is doing well! I am familiar with the baby fever all too well, especially during my maternity clinical rotation I was going crazy. Sounds like you’re getting all set for IVF, I’ll have my fingers crossed! I will probably be going down a similar path soon-ish.

We are still patiently waiting for my husband’s appointment on the 16th. All of my blood work came back, and everything is great except my CD 22 progesterone is low, only 7.2 ng/ml. From the research I’ve done it means I probably ovulated but it should be at least 10. But I also read that the level can vary drastically even during the same day, so I think my doctor might want to repeat the test. I don’t have any symptoms of low prog, such as spotting and my luteal phase is around 12 days (based on when I think I ovulate using OPK’s). Could also be genetic, as my mom had low progesterone and had miscarriages before me and ended up having to take the prog shots when she was pregnant with me.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Hi ladies! I'm CD 1, which means I start my priming cycle for IVF. Estrogen, antibiotics, and testosterone gel! It's getting real!

Morena, will they check your progesterone another cycle? Mine was under 15 and they put me on progesterone supplements.

Good luck with your appointments Morena! Progesterone supplements may be an option for you!

MK I'm so excited that you are able to get started on this! I'm rooting for you every step of the way!

Morena, congrats on the new job! Sorry to hear your progesterone was low. Could they have tested it at the wrong time? Maybe you caught it on its way up or on its way down? My mom had several miscarriages and had to have progesterone supplements in the first tri with both my younger brothers.

MK, priming cycle, WOW this is really happening for you! So exciting! So this is the priming cycle, then you would start ovarian stimulation next cycle? How's the job search going?

Belle, I was sorry to see your BFN, but I think it's too early to count yourself out. Still hoping really hard for you girl. :hugs:

AF came with a vengeance last week, I'm now on CD7 and my 4th day of gonal-f injections. Ultrasound and bloodwork on Thursday morning to see how things are progressing. We should be starting sex week...but I don't feel like BDing at all. We should try to get in at least 1 BD 2-3 days before the IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->