Sneaking back in...

Well BFN this morning on FRER. I'm 11/12 dpo and about 80% of POS tests show up by now. Can't say I'm surprised. Looks like it's IUI for me.

Belle, so sorry to hear that :hugs: I know the feeling, and even when I feel not surprised anymore it still hurts to not see that positive. I will have my fingers crossed that IUI works for you on your first try!

As for me, still waiting for the SA results. We only have the first half back, which is the same as last time and looks good (volume, pH, motility). I thought we would have the counts and morphology by Saturday like we did the first time, but so far nothing. It is making me nervous, wonder if they forgot to do it or messed something up. I messaged the doctor and he just said its pending. I'll give it a couple more days and follow up again I guess.

I'll bet they're just being careful with how they count it Morena, I'm hoping you will get some info again soon! It's so nerve wracking waiting for those test results.

I'm not sure what to hope for now that we're starting IUI. I just want to keep my expectations realistic. IUI with femara for unexplained has about a 9% success rate per cycle. So it often takes a few cycles. It's cycle day 1 today, so will be going in for a baseline ultrasound on Wednesday

Hugs Belle, so sorry for the BFN and that AF is here. But I am really excited for you to do this monitored IUI! Great opportunity to see how your follicles develop on femara and check your lining thickness. Good to keep your expectations realistic, but I am really hoping for you that this takes on the first try! Hey how was your brother's wedding?

Morena, good lucks with the SA results. Maybe they are much better than last time (!) so they wanted to double check to be sure? Fingers crossed

We're just wrapping up 'sex week'. Strong pos opk yesterday so I think I'm Oing today (CD16). It was a few days later than usual so we ended up BDing 3 days in a row...DH looks exhausted! So now I wait...for a miracle BFP or CD1 to call the clinic and get my next IUI cycle rolling. :coffee:

Thanks Wishn, I'm pretty excited about the monitoring too! I just SO want it to tell us something. I think if everything comes out normal I will ask to do an extended dose femara IUI next and then injectibles for the last (3rd IUI). If something turns out to be a bit abnormal this cycle we'll likely jump straight to injectables. Hopefully something will work along the way.

My brothers wedding was good! Was a really cute little wedding. He looked so so happy :)

Well Wishn I'm hoping that you get that miracle BFP! Your 'sex week' sounds pretty familiar... those marathons are so exhausting! Glad your DH survived lol

Belle, good luck with the ultrasound on Wednesday :) I would be excited about the monitoring too! Also glad to hear you had a nice time at the wedding!

Wishn I hope you get a BFP and AF stays away for 9 months! But either way, you have a plan in place for either outcome. I find it so much easier to deal with infertility when there's some sort of a plan in place.

My husband was joking that maybe the second SA is taking longer because there are too many to count lol But we got back the results yesterday and everything is exactly the same. I'm bummed, but we were referred to a urologist who has particular interest in male infertility. We had a conference call with him today, and he ordered some blood and genetic testing. The genetic testing takes a few weeks, so my husband will be going in mid June for an exam, and by then we will have all the results and will be able to discuss our options going forward.

I'm sorry to hear the results confirmed what you already knew. That urologist referral sounds excellent though! Also good plan with the genetic testing. Mid June will be here before you know it!

Baseline ultrasound today showed AFC was 19, so pretty normal ovarian reserve I think. Not "excellent" but not "low" either.

Morena, really sorry your SA results are the same. Glad your DH is able to get in to see the urologist fairly quickly. How is he dealing with the news? I know this can be really hard on guys. Good luck :hugs:

Belle, 19 is a solid AFC! Have you started your femara? When do they you coming back for another scan?

My DH was so cute this morning, he came upstairs while I was still in bed and he was saying that he's decided not to bike to work anymore until we get pregnant, just in case it's harming his sperm. It's about an hour ride each way, so a lot of time overheating/smushing his man parts everyday, in my opinion. This is the argument I made to him a year ago, but every time we ask a doctor about it they say biking is fine. I haven't mentioned it since last summer, so I'm glad he's made this decision on his own. It may not help his sperm at all, but at least he won't be exhausted at the end of the day and maybe he'll have more energy for BDing!

Hey Wishn my DH is a very active cyclist too (couple hours every day) and his counts are all normal/high. I read a study awhile back because I was concerned too, and it looked at men who were professional cyclists (so several hours a day every day) and their counts were all normal. I think this is one where the cardiovascular benefits outweigh any potential harmful effects of overheating. That said I have forbidden him from baths, hottubs and laptops on his lap lol

Ya I started femara yesterday. They will have me back on CD 10, so next Wednesday. I was pleased with the AFC as when I had it checked on a day 6 a few months ago it was only 13 (some may have atrophied by then). I've been taking myo-inositol for 3 months which is supposed to help with follicle recruitment, so maybe it's actually helping things along. Well let's hope 19 is my lucky number this cycle lol

Belle, 19 sounds like a great number! Hope things are going well on femara!

Wishn, my husband is dealing with the news pretty well. I think the second SA results bummed him out a bit more but overall he is holding up ok, thanks for asking :)

His test results are so far coming back normal, which is making me feel better as I feel like we are slowly narrowing things down. But I also know there is a possibility we won't find anything wrong and will be diagnosed with unexplained male infertility. Oh well, just gotta wait and see.

I find it crazy Morena that his SA could be so poor and that they might not be able to find a reason why! Sometimes I wonder if there are genetic factors involved in these sorts of things.

Finished up my femara pills last night. Now its just a few more days till my next ultrasound. Things are speeding along!

Hi ladies! Sorry, I've been MIA for a couple weeks it seems! School was over last week so have been pretty busy, but now that is done!

I took some time this morning to check with insurance on all my IVF meds, 4 out of the 13 (!!) aren't covered. 3 of them aren't more than $20 so not bad, but the generic Lupron trigger is $650! I'll be calling them to see if we can do something else! We are doing a dual trigger, so I don't know if there is anything else I can use to do that. We already decided we were spending the extra $1-2,000 for the CCS (the chromosomal screening) which is totally out of pocket as well. Everything else is covered after my $3500 remaining out of pocket. All in all it'll cost us about $6000 I think, which isn't bad compared to what it would be without insurance coverage! But, I'm feeling really poor just thinking about it!

Belle, sorry you had to face the witch yet again. Sounds like good news about the AFC, I wish I had asked what mine was, she just said it wasn't bad compared to my AMH. You're coming up on IUI #1! I'm excited for you, and feeling very hopeful. It's hard when you are unexplained though to know if IUI will help at all, but hopefully it does!

Wishn, I'm glad to hear no more polyps and the tubes are clear! They do say those polyps can come back, but mine didn't either. You're in the TWW now, right? Doing anything fun to keep yourself busy?

Morena, I don't think I ever popped in to say hello and welcome! Sorry to hear that the repeat SA didn't come back any better, I'm sure you were hoping the first one was just a fluke. But, at least it helps give you direction on where to go now. Hopefully the urologist has some answers.

Spent the day with my family yesterday doing yard work for my mom. It was a beautiful day and so wonderful to spend the day with her. Got to meet my cousin's preemie on Saturday. She is still in the hospital, 5 weeks since she was born. I think she is at about 36 weeks now and hopefully going home this week once she can feed safely on her own for 2 days. She was precious, and almost 6 1/2 lbs already which is pretty darn good for being so early! My cousin is pretty immature about a lot of things, but she is taking the motherhood role very seriously and asking the right questions of the doctor and keeping track of things. Got my baby fix and can't wait to go hold her once she is home! Made me really want a baby though...I was getting more comfortable with adopting and knowing that it may not be a baby if we go through foster care (the cost of private adoption won't be an option for a couple of years). But, I'm feeling a little more determined to make this IVF thing work!

Hi MK! Such great news that school is over! When is your board exam? Sounds like you've got everything lined up for IVF...I'm so glad your insurance is covering a lot of the costs. When do you start? June? I'm so so hopeful for you!!

Belle, good luck at your next ultrasound. Tomorrow, is it? Fx for a nice fluffy lining and a fat follie or two!

I'm doing ok. Mother's Day was tough to get through. I avoided wishing anyone a happy Mother's Day except my own mom. DH skipped church because he said he didn't want to wish anyone a happy Mother's Day if he couldn't say it to me! I'm in the two week wait, AF due on the 24th. I am resigned to doing another IUI, but I don't feel optimistic. Like we're just going through the motions, doing 3 before moving on to IVF. Sometimes it feels like I imagined my first, short-lived pregnancy. It seems so out of reach! We're opening the cottage this weekend, so that will be fun and a good distraction!

6000 is not too bad at all for IVF MK! If we have to do IVF I expect to pay at least 12K. I'm glad you're feeling determined to make IVF work! There are cases worse than yours that have had positive outcomes! I'll totally be cheering you along every step of the way!

Wishn I'm sorry Mother's day was so hard for you. If you aren't feeling up to do 3 IUIs there is nothing wrong with quitting after 2! I feel like the first IUI was more of a trial run anyway! I have high hopes they'll get it right the second time around!

Sometimes I feel like IVF is inevitable for us, and that just blows my mind knowing how positive all of our test results have been. And yes I'll be going back tomorrow for ultrasound #2! I've been having right sided pains so I think it'll be a right side O this month. Guess we'll see tomorrow what's going on! I feel foolish to hope that I'll get 2 eggs considering that I'm on the lowest dose of femara. But I know 2 eggs would greatly increase our odds. I feel like this IUI is all just diagnostic/baseline. I want to get more aggressive from here.

CD 10 ultrasound today showed 3 follicles. One 14mm and two that were 11-12mm. So will probably end up with just the one egg. Lining was 5.5mm which I think might be on the thinner side. But it has time to plump up a bit. Doc said it had a nice trilaminar appearance which is good. Will be going back on Friday for another ultrasound and will probably get the trigger shot then. IUI will likely happen Saturday

Wishn sorry Mother's Day was tough for you. It can be such a gard holiday for many people for different reasons. I often forget it is probably hard for DH as he lost his mom a few years ago. I went to s a service at my church (don't remember if I mentioned it ealrier) the week prior. People lit candles for babies or children they'd loss. It was started for infertility and it has expanded. There were a few if us silent ladies, I wonder if they were like me, longing for a family. I think it is nice that they do this, to include mothers who the world doesn't see.

I'll take my board exam in 4-6 weeks hopefully. I schedule it whenever I'm ready. I'd like to start applying and interviewing by end of June so I can start right after egg retrieval. I'll start my first round of meds in about 2 weeks, just called my nurse to order them!

Belle, those other 2 could catch up! I think they say approx 2 mm a day, so if they are waiting for your lining to thicken, you could get more than 1! My doc always wanted my lining at 7mm +, so you know what they are hoping for?

ooooh, I just logged in and they updated my lab results on the patient website. I have 2 follicles on the right that are 14mm and 1 on the left that is 13mm, so I very likely will O all 3! I'm very pleased with this response as I'm on the lowest dose of femara! Just have to get my lining to thicken up a bit more. Its 5.43mm. I'm hoping it doesn't just decide its happy at that thickness. Last time I had it checked it was 5.5mm on CD 15. I'm hoping it will get to at least 7!

Now I'm actually excited to be having an IUI. Maybe we have a real shot at this!

MK in all of my narcissistic excitement I didn't comment on how things are going for you!! So excited for both your board exam and the fact that you'll start stimming in 2 weeks! OMG. You're going to nail that board exam! I'm also super excited to see the effect the meds have for you! I'm hoping you'll get plenty of good quality eggs to work with!! You got this!

No worries Belle, ha, we're all here in the first place for ourselves 😊

Good luck with your US today! I Hope your lining is looking great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->