Snuffle Babe

GemM83

Reaction score
After some advice guys... Particularly if you've received it from doc/paediatrician

8 week old DD2 has a stinking cold (and making her cough occasionally) which DD1 has very kindly passed on to her.

She did have another cold when she was 1 week old, again from DD1 (damn soft plays during summer hols!) and Saline drops really helped her kick it and it was gone within 2 days.

This one though is not shifting with the drops. I had a look at the Snuffle Babe and it says from 3 months on, unless advised by GP, Pharmacist or HV. I have spoken to 3 pharmacists and been given 3 different pieces of advice. First one said: "hmm not too sure, speak to GP"
Second one said: "NEVER UNDER AMY CIRCUMSTANCES USE IT" Third said: "Yes use it, but VERY sparingly and not for more than two days"

I wasn't intending to put it ON her, just near her.

What do I do?? I've heard even putting it on a bib/muzzy/sleepsuit can cause lungs to collapse, but surely if they are never allowed anywhere near the smell of it, I shouldn't be putting it on DD1 as the smell is quite strong so she would be breathing it in anyways??

I'm so confused, just want to stop seeing my LO suffering

Has anyone else used it? Please help!!

I've never heard such dramatic nonsense, sorry if that's rude. I've used it with all three (one of mine has brittle asthma) and been admitted multiple multiple times to hospital with flare up of that and never once have I been told off for using it. I pop it on their chest, back and feet then pop socks on. Not only does it help them breathe but soothes their cough too. Use it when needed, sparingly and be careful for any reaction to it as with anything. Stop if there is any and seek any medical advice. Hope your lo is feeling better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->