So angry with DPD

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
I used to vouch for them being the most reliable courier and respectable. Until today.

Made an order from Liverpool FC online store, received the parcel today. The delivery guy ran straight back to his van instantly and I had no suspicion. Went to open my parcel and noticed there was a stretched hole which could fit a finger inside and then on the sealed seam a clean 4" scissor cut!! It was barely noticeable. If I didn't actually take notice while opening I wouldn't have noticed it. I lifted the cut area and the gap could fit an arm in. I didn't receive an invoice/receipt in my parcel either, so the guy took that too! Expecting me not to realise something had gone missing.

I didn't open the parcel and left it as it was and took photos. I felt around the parcel and I knew exactly which item was stolen.

Contacted DPD and they couldn't do anything, and had to open an investigation with LFC. They were a ballache to get in touch with.

Had to take photos for LFC while I opened the parcel for investigation. Once my inquiry has been processed with will be sending me a replacement, but there's no chance of it arriving before Christmas.

oh wow thats awful. sorry you won't get it in time for xmas :(

Awful but don't give the whole company a bad name because of one rogue.

Awful! Sorry you won't get your package before Christmas.

I wish to have the same delivery guy just to give him a piece of my mind. I know it doesn't justify the delivery guys actions, but I think the parcel packaging itself played a part in the act. It states exactly where the parcel from on one side, on the opposite side it had a very large Liver bird, so it was obvious that football merch were in there. It wasn't expensive, luckily, but it was a present.

Honestly, I would rather the whole parcel went missing than it actually being open and one thing stolen.

I have to wait up to a week before I can get a response now and I won't be buying anything else from them, that's for sure.

You probably would end up with the same guy. I'm sure they have been sending the same guy to my house for 3 years. He has an unusual name hence I remember him.
The other thing is it might not have been the delivery guy could have been at any point in the chain from pickup onwards.

How rude! Don't let them get away with not sending you a replacement either, I hate it when people get away with passing the blame and not taking responsibility

You probably would end up with the same guy. I'm sure they have been sending the same guy to my house for 3 years. He has an unusual name hence I remember him.
The other thing is it might not have been the delivery guy could have been at any point in the chain from pickup onwards.

I can't even re-order the item to test because it's now out of stock, so a replacement will no doubt be an alternative or a refund.

I don't know if you've seen inside a courier warehouse, but there's an extremely slim chance that a parcel can be manipulated with during the sorting office as they're in cages and large bins.

I've had 3 or 4 different DPD guys since August, but I rarely have deliveries with them, but more collections. How I see as what's happened, is that he took out my parcel with delivery 56 or 57 and put it in the front seat. Seen it was from LFC, had a little feel around and then decided to go in. He had the parcel by the corner, swung it into my hands and quickly ran back to his van saying "enjoy it".

They were a hassle to get hold of, ringing different numbers, being hung up on etc so I'm not hoping for too much help.

The same thing happened to me last year, i lost a £40 superdry wallet, thankfully it was replaced within a week as the delivery company contacted superdry directly to say the parcel had been tampered with x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->