So Angry

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
Okay so, yesterday I found out that, despite what I thought I am not having a sonogram at Inland Imaging(the place where I normally would go for a sonogram). But rather through "maternal-fetal medicine"

Fine.Okay.Whatever.

Today I call them up to see WHERE exactly I was going for my appointment on Monday. And I explain to DH about the whole thing. And the entire time I am wondering why things have changed since last time.
So I go to the website, and something catches is my eye. "High-risk":growlmad:

EXCUSE ME?! Since when was I high risk? And why is it news to me? Maybe I'm not high risk, I tell myself. Then why the heck am I going through a high-risk place?

How am I high risk? Is it because I had a cesarean? Even so... How am I 19 weeks along and only NOW discovering this and NOT directly through my Doctor. ...

Sorry you had to find out that way. I was high risk and had all my ultrasounds through maternal fetal. I actually liked it. At my hospital the equipment that maternal fetal has is vastly superior to the normal sonogram areas, and the on call doctor would come in and go through all the ultrasound pics with me at the end of my appointment.

Hopefully they will be able to explain to you why you are considered high risk.

Wait, I just read your other thread. Is this for your ANATOMY scan? My understanding is all Anatomy scans are done at maternal fetal medicine.

I JUST got off the phone with a friend of mine who uses the same doctor. Turns out that doctors are now going to them, due to mistakes and other errors made through the normal place. Which is good to know.
Even if I am high risk, I am not bothered by it. It is not being told that bothers me.
In either case though, I think my doctor should have warned me.

My last pregnancy all sonograms were done at Inland Imaging. So I was VERY confused,

I know in the UK you are automatically classed as "high risk"if you've had a previous c section, even though in practice it doesn't mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->