So annoyed after visiting my GP!

Layla_b1

Reaction score
I really need to vent about this. I went to my GP the other day about something unrelated to TTC, but happened to mentioned my temps were really erratic and voiced my concern that I maybe hadn't ovulated this cycle as I'm only four months post-pill and things are atill settling down.

He was totally dismissive and said, and I quote, "Yeh you're not ovulating. If you were, you'd be pregnant by now". What??! He then went on to Google "post pill amennorhea", turned his computer around and told me to read the screen!!

This, with no questioning about my cycles, how often we're having sex, no history taken whatsoever. And actually, if he'd bothered to ask, I could have told him that I've had three periods (46, 42 and 35 day cycles) since stopping the pill, and had positive opks during each one-I'm just uncertain if an eggy is actually being released after the surge shows on the opks...but I didn't have a chance to say any of that because he rushed me out the door, after saying he won't do a progesterone test either because he "knows" it will come back to say im not ovulating, and all he'll be able to say to me is "it's because of the pill, you have to wait".

I got into the car and just burst into tears. Felt so belittled! How can he diagnose me with post pill amennorhea without asking me anything about my cycle? And how can he be so bloody certain about the result of the progesterone test?!

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest to people who understand what it's like TTC! I do get that post-pill, cycles can be messy and you do have to just wait and see, but to say I'd be pregnant by now if I was ovulating!? Gahhhh!!!!

I would get a new doctor! I wouldn't like that at all even if it is just post-pill. That was rude! So sorry for ya!

Wow. I would be absolutely pissed if my doctor acted that way and said that. Honestly, I'd probably find a new doctor.

I went to see a gyno once about suspected endometriosis. He told me I couldn't possibly have endo because I have been pregnant four times; he completely disregarded all of the other symptoms I had and refused to look into it. That was the first and only time I saw that doctor. I have since found a new gyno who has diagnosed me with endo (although I'm waiting on surgery to confirm my diagnosis).

I completely understand why you would be so upset. So sorry that you had to deal with that. :hugs:

I agree with everyone. If your doctor makes you uneasy about this process in ANY way you should look into getting a new one. It sounds like he was just trying to get you out to move on to the next. And the "If you were, you'd be pregnant by now" ...hell no. Very unprofessional. You deserve better hun. He honestly sounds like he can't even use google properly. I mean, he didn't even know your history? That's absolutely ridiculous.

I would be getting a new doctor as well. So sorry you had to deal with that. x

My gosh this is terrible.
I think a doctor can only diagnose that after 3 missed periods?
I wpuld say if you are having periods you are ovulating as that what my doctor told me yesterday.
I would maybe go back and see a female doctor who might be able to help and reassure you. It's total rubbish to say if you were ovulating you would be pregnant by now, ttc is not always an easy journey and there are many factors. its awful of him to be so dismissive.

Wow and I thought my GP was bad:nope:

I'd switch GPs and find someone with a much better bedside manner (plus a btter understanding of how conception isn't always that easy). This guy sounds like an arrogant jerk. Unfortunately the world is filled with people like this:nope: I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Hope you find a GP who's more understanding:hugs:

Wow, what a jerk :nope:. He's completely wrong of course, and totally out of order for even saying what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->