So bloated jeans don't fit only 5weeks preggo!

wellymad

Reaction score
Is anyone else really struggling to sit down in jeans or is it just me? At this rate am going to have to go get some maternity jeans! Sat here with my gut out as its so uncomfortable!!

Will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and its my second baby:blush:

Me! Hate wearing my jeans they are so uncomfy even though like you I'm still early! I've been living in leggings until I get some maternity jeans!

Glad its not just me. Going to dig the leggings and tunic jumpers out and tights and jumper dresses!

Is anyone else really struggling to sit down in jeans or is it just me? At this rate am going to have to go get some maternity jeans! Sat here with my gut out as its so uncomfortable!!

Will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and its my second baby:blush:

When I was 8 weeks I actually DID go out and buy maternity jeans! :haha: I wouldn't recommend it yet though because early on it is just bloat. At first I tried the old rubber band through the button hole trick and that worked a little bit my pants were still digging into me, but after I got my maternity jeans (which DO feel so much better than the other ones did, won't lie, just expensive) I found out about the "Bella Band" which is just a band you wear around your belly and top of your jeans and allows you to keep your jeans unzipped and unbuttoned but you can still wear all your existing jeans. Although on the other hand, I'm really glad I do have my maternity jeans, because they're expandable and I will have them as I continue to grow, and they are some of the only pants I'm able to wear now! It's those pants or leggings, and not all leggings I can wear anymore lol. Maybe I should invest in the bella band; it's not too late!

I ended up in maternity jeans about 5 weeks in. It was partially due to bloat, partially that I couldn't stand having anything pressing on my stomach.

I tried the elastic-button loop trick, and I do use it on my dirty painting jeans, but it doesn't work with my work pants because then my zipper stays down, and my shirts don't necessarily fall that low.

I also bought a belly band. Unfortunately, I've got a very strong hourglass shape, so my waist is much smaller than my hips. (Even now, as my waist is thickening up, it's still much smaller.) Because of this, I had to pull the belly band so that it was down and kind of tucked under my buttocks. If I didn't, it would roll right up to my waist and settle there. Every time I stood up, I had to tug it back down. I only wore it once, and then accepted my maternity pants fate.

4w3d but I always have a belly. I get asked all the time when am I due. This is a lil different though. Feels like my hips expanding too cuz jeans are so uncomfortable. I did check out some maternity pants last night just for pricing. Gonna have to invest in bigger bras soon too!

I ended up in maternity jeans about 5 weeks in. It was partially due to bloat, partially that I couldn't stand having anything pressing on my stomach.

I tried the elastic-button loop trick, and I do use it on my dirty painting jeans, but it doesn't work with my work pants because then my zipper stays down, and my shirts don't necessarily fall that low.

I also bought a belly band. Unfortunately, I've got a very strong hourglass shape, so my waist is much smaller than my hips. (Even now, as my waist is thickening up, it's still much smaller.) Because of this, I had to pull the belly band so that it was down and kind of tucked under my buttocks. If I didn't, it would roll right up to my waist and settle there. Every time I stood up, I had to tug it back down. I only wore it once, and then accepted my maternity pants fate.

That was exactly the problem with me - I couldn't and can't have pressure on my stomach, basically anywhere. In early weeks it would make me cramp, now it gives me sharp twinges in my uterus. Everything has to be loose fitting. Sorry the bella band didn't work for you! I want to try it. I'm pear shaped so I might have the same problem as you.

I had a belly band and found it too uncomfortable with my first pregnancy. I have raked out some elasticated waisted skirts. All my jeans don't fit! Have got out the old jersey dresses. Will have to cave and get some maternity jeans !

Yep me too - total bloat monster! :haha: I've had to ditch a lot of the belts I wear at work, too.

Bizarrely though, i had a moment of insanity and bought some skinny jeggings (jean leggings) the other day, and they are totally comfy! Go figure......

I bought maternity jeans last week, best purchase ever lol. I want to try on my usual high waisted jeans I was wearing a couple of weeks ago to see how much I've grown lol. My mum keeps asking me how many I've got in there haha

i've been losing weight since the birth of my son, so i have a stash of larger clothes that i'm reluctantly slipping back into as my regular ones become uncomfortable.

last time, i was out of my regular jeans by 6w (literally OUT, they split up the backside and were unwearable), this time the bloat came and kinda went by 6w, but it's just more comfortable to be in my 14s than my 12s just now :/

will be trying the belly band over open jeans rather than getting maternity ones though, as they expensive!

For anyone that lives in the UK Primark sells maternity jeans for £11 :) they're not bad! Pretty much exactly the same as my £19 ones from new look x

i've been losing weight since the birth of my son, so i have a stash of larger clothes that i'm reluctantly slipping back into as my regular ones become uncomfortable.

last time, i was out of my regular jeans by 6w (literally OUT, they split up the backside and were unwearable), this time the bloat came and kinda went by 6w, but it's just more comfortable to be in my 14s than my 12s just now :/

^^Me too! My bloats has really gone away these last few days as my jeans were getting very tight and I was dreading getting out my bigger clothes so soon.

I actually have bought some new maternity wear although the jeans are too big yet (hurrah!) and I've no bump to fill the tops! I haven't started to feel uncomfortable to the point that I can't bear anything on my tummy yet but at least I have new clothes at the ready when I do.

What do you all reckon to tights? Regular tights have become very uncomfortable for me. Should I switch to maternity tights already?

I love maternity tights! They come right up to your boobs! Amazing. I have struggled today in a pair of jeans, very very tight! Will have to abandon all effort and go to something jersey!

I hate denim pants, they seem to always choke my labia...yep..

5 weeks seems early to show, but when I do its organic cotton leggings all day...and that's IF I'm in the mood for pants, not really a pants kind of girl... Due in July so I will probably only wear sundresses or nothing at all

I am only 4+5 and I have been bloated since before i got my bfp :/ I think that was part of my suspicion of being pregnant.... I have attached a pic of my 4 week bloat. I seriously don't now how I am meant to hide this for another 7 weeks! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8
Yep same with me. Saw a friend today who knows am pregnant ad she was suprised at how big/fat i looked! Am hoping it calms down and settles a bit.

Can you get rid of water retention when pregnant? I doubt you can take any tablets for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->