So can you ask for them to guess gender at first scan?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I just noticed on a couple of posts of 12 week scans people saying that the tech person thought girl/boy and someone who found out they were having a boy at their 13 week scan a couple weeks ago? Just asking because I'm desperate to know haha and would happily accept a 'I'd say I'm 70% sure it's a boy(or girl)' from the person doing my scan lol just wondered if anyone had asked and found out?

Here the private ultrasound places guarantee it at 14 weeks, and if they can't get a good look to make a guess they let you come back for a free recheck.

Hehe I want to try and avoid a private scan busy saving up a deposit to move house so can't spend money on things like this :( suppose il find out for sure in 9 weeks ;)

I heard from a friend that some techs can tell at the 12 week scan, and it's due to the baby's pelvis shape, not the genitals which are too hard to see then. Although apparently many are not skilled enough to gender guess at this point. I'd love to know early too! X

I asked my tech about it at my early 8 week scan (not private) and she said they weren't allowed to tell you at the 12 weeks scan as it can be so inaccurate. I don't know if that is just the hospital I visit or a general NHS rule :shrug: would love to know though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->