So cofused need support

ttcstill

cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
I recenty miscarried at 15 weeks before this baby I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks (in 08) and one at 17 weeks (in 04). Everything I an reading says I have a very slim chance of a successful pregnancy...... my bleeding has stopped and I want to get busy trying but I am scared. What should I do?

Has anyone else experienced this? They are thinking it has something to do with Chromosonal defects..... can this be corrected

So sorry for your losses, my midwife counsellor said that even after multiple losses it is more than likely that a woman will eventually be able to carry a child to term. I never heard that 3 losses mean you can't have a child. I am sure there are ladies on here successfully pregnant after multiple losses. You could either go to your doctor and ask for tests, or try again, depending how you feel.

It is scary, but I wish you a baby that sticks the next time. :hugs:

So sorry for your losses!

I am in the same boat. I have had 3 mc in a row and have read that once you have 3 that you should stop trying and seek help and that after your 3rd your % of carrying a pregnancy to term drops. I have talked to my doctor and she will do testing but it may take a while and I was told not to expect any answers as most times it is nothing but a string of bad luck.

Now, I am trying to decide if I hold off and go with the testing or jump right back in.

I think it is a personal choice of what you want to do. Best of luck at whatever you choice to do!

So sorry for your losses and the horrible time you are going through. I agree with the other ladies its a personal choice. I would carry on although its hard. I cant offer you any proper advice just that we all know your pain, good luck xxx

I would really push for chromosome testing on yourself and your OH, especially as you have had 2 late losses.

A delicate question... but are the hospital running tests on your angel to try and find out why it happened?

Sorry for your losses, I can't imagine. Talk to your doctor, they can test for chromosonal issues between the two of you - I am not sure what the treatment options are for an issue, but I know issue resulting in the combination of two peoples DNA are actually very uncommon so that would put your mind at rest.

I would make sure your doctor is walking with you every step this time doing tests and scans frequently to make sure everything is going ok and looking for a problem before it happens.

I would really push for chromosome testing on yourself and your OH, especially as you have had 2 late losses.

A delicate question... but are the hospital running tests on your angel to try and find out why it happened?

They took part of the placenta and are growing cells on it to test, when those come back we will go from there. My first late MC was not with my husband it was before he and I met. So I am hoping that this is just one of those things where there is not a medical reason which in my mind would give us more hope!

Sorry for your losses, I can't imagine. Talk to your doctor, they can test for chromosonal issues between the two of you - I am not sure what the treatment options are for an issue, but I know issue resulting in the combination of two peoples DNA are actually very uncommon so that would put your mind at rest.

I would make sure your doctor is walking with you every step this time doing tests and scans frequently to make sure everything is going ok and looking for a problem before it happens.

The doctor told me today that wehave to wait until the 15th of September to resume sexual activity and she wants me to avoid getting pregnant until November at the earliest in order to give my body time to go back to normal and reduce the risk of yet another MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->