So confused and anxious right now... What would you do?!

MemmaJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just trying to get some advice/reassurance/anything really...!

Been TTC for 5 months now, cycle averages at 27 days (varies between 25 and 28 days). I've been using OPK's for the last 3 months, which have all told me I've ovulated on CD16... Only started temperature charting this month, but had the promised rise after ovulation so that reassured me that the timings of ovulation were right..

So at 8dpo (CD24) this cycle, I had some red spotting (on wiping only) first thing in the morning. Thought it was AF starting and was both very disappointed and confused/surprised, as that would have made my cycle 23 days and AF has never been that early (even long before TTC). Anyway, it just turned to pink discharge, then brown (again, on wiping only), and then back to clear discharge the same day.

We then found out about implantation bleeding via the wonders of Google, and convinced ourselves it must've been that (because of the timing of it, along with various other symptoms I've been having, we really thought 'this is it'..! :happydance: ).

Took a FRER two days later (CD26, 10dpo) and got a BFN so we were obviously gutted - but kept telling ourselves maybe it was just too early. As I said, we were convinced this was our month because of the possible IB, temperature remaining risen, and various other symptoms: so we took to Google again and read lots of forum posts etc about 10dpo being too early for most women; so we still held out some hope...

Yesterday (CD28, 12dpo), AF was due based on my cycle 'average'.. All day, I had brown discharge on wiping only (nothing on the liner between going to the toilet). This happened from first thing in the morning and obviously I was gutted again when I saw it as I presumed AF was starting, as it was due anyway. The brown discharge continued (on wiping only) almost all day and then stopped yesterday evening (back to clear again)

My temperature is still up (took it twice this morning and it was 36.8c and 36.9c. It's been 36.8, 36.9 or 37.0 every day since ovulation, compared to 36.6 or below before ovulation), and my breasts are still tender (this is not unusual for me before AF - it usually subsides as soon as bleeding starts, but didn't yesterday). I feel bloated (like my abdomen is full of 'air' all the time, if that makes sense?! :wacko: ), have lower backache (again, not unusual before AF), and apparently I'm really grumpy and have been for at least the last week (can always count on my other half to be honest!:dohh: )

Has anyone else had this spotting at the exact time that AF is due? Did it develop into AF afterwards, and if so, how long afterwards? Did it continue or stop, and what was the outcome?

I don't really know what to do - I'm worried I'm just clutching at straws and holding onto false hope that I still could be pregnant.

My last two cycles, AF has arrived ON day 29 (ie: today), but the spotting from yesterday seems to have completely stopped now. I only began temperature charting this month so I don't know how long before my period that my BBT would dip, or even if it definitely would. I have nothing to compare it to.

The 5 cycles prior to these, AF either arrived ON day 26 or day 28, which would techincally now make me 'late' I don't want the disappointment of seeing another unnecessary BFN: so I'm tempted to 'watch and wait' to see if AF kicks in properly at some point today, or in the morning.
But I've read stories on various forums of people getting this spotting when AF is due as a sign of pregnancy, and therefore still getting their BFP. I actually think AF is due today (CD29, 13dpo), rather than yesterday, based on what I've read about luteal phase always being the same length. It's now 16.30pm and nothing other than clear discharge today. I'd have thought the spotting yesterday would develop/continue into AF rather than spotting completely.... :wacko:

I'd love to hear any experiences or advice please - regarding the spotting, the BBT situation, when to test, whether it could still be a false negative even if I did test today, etc etc... Thank you all in advance for your much-greater-than-mine widsom :thumbup:

Sounds like an emotional two week wait for you. I can't offer specific advice except to say that I think you answered it yourself... you either wait for AF or test again. It sounds like you are doing everything right, though. You can't do more than that!

It's a strange thing, we go from being in control of most important things in our lives to suddenly not having any control over this and being at the mercy of AF and peeing on sticks.

I really hope it's good news for you... the early spotting does bare hallmarks of AF and any sporting in first few weeks of pregnancy is normal too... only a test will tell you for sure.

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP!

Normally if you have IB you would have a sudden temp dip and the following day a temp rise. So if your temp hasnt dropped then chances are you may not have implanted yet. IB is very hard to judge. Sometimes we just have unusual unexpected spotting. I had that happen a couple times and both times af still showed up. Fx that you happen to get your bfp. Try not to stress about it as it makes it harder to concieve.

I feel your frustration! I am going through this RIGHT NOW. The :witch: should have been in full force today but just some brown tinged CM after :sex: I have a detailed post of my current cycle and all of the craziness. Let me know how this turns out for you! FX :hugs:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...sharing-my-cycle-2ww-info-others-compare.html

Unfortunately AF has arrived today (2 days late!)
Really gutted but kind-of expected it as I took a test lastnight and got a BFN.
Guess it's back to square one for me...!
Let me know how you get on..!

Unfortunately AF has arrived today (2 days late!)
Really gutted but kind-of expected it as I took a test lastnight and got a BFN.
Guess it's back to square one for me...!
Let me know how you get on..!

Boo! I think it's kind of ironic that the :witch: would arrive on Halloween of all times :haha: I'm still waiting for her... I just know it's coming. Will let you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->