so confused by prams

mummybean

1st trimester
Reaction score
Is anyone else super confused by prams. I have started to look and was hoping to buy one by the weekend but im just getting more and more confused.

Al I know is I want something easy to capact, can face towards or away and will last.

Any recomendations or checklists u ladies have would be amazing!!!

I totally know what you mean. This was the hardest thing for me, choosing a stroller.

I got a “Travel System”. It has a stroller than can be used up to 50 lbs, with the child facing away from mom. It also came with an infant carseat, which clicks into the stroller facing TOWARDS mom; and a carseat base. So you put the base in the car and it stays there, and you can transfer baby to and from car and stroller without taking her out of the carseat. So you use the carseat in the stroller while she is a little baby and when she gets to be a bit older just use the stroller (So we’ll have to buy a new carseat eventually).

I didn’t end up getting one that converts to a two-seater (but that’s a good option if you are planning a 2nd baby quick after first). I figure if I need to trade up I will do so when we cross that bridge.

Also, an adjustable handle bar (DH is a tall guy) and a mommy cupholder for my coffee were important factors for me.

Good luck… I’m sure there will be something I regret about my stroller but eventually I just had to bite the bullet and buy one! This is the one we got: https://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Leila-Travel-System-Reef/dp/B0057UFOKY

Mine is the same as pp above but just a different make and colour. I like that the base can stay in the car and the stroller can be used for a while too. I got lots of other bits with mine such as a cosytoes which I also wanted. Oh and it can be opened with one hand too.

Depends what way you intend using it really, but here's a few things i'd recommend thinking about. If you are a car user, go for something that's easy to fold up and lightweight and easy to lift - don't just go by the weight, as sometimes they can be light enough weight wise but not that handy for lifting. Not the same issue if it's never really folded up. Also think about the type of terrain you will be using it on too - if you will just be using it on smooth footpaths, then the shopping trolley type wheels are probably fine, but if you want to use it on uneven road, grass, gravel etc then the all terrain tyres might be better (I made this mistake with my single pram, so I went for an all terrain double!). Another thing to consider is if you want to have children close together, a convertible one will save you money in the long run (another thing I didn't consider! :dohh:).

One of my favourite features of my single was being able to remove the seat part andd clip the carseat straight onto the frame - so handy when nipping out in the car and I didn't want to wake baby to go into a shop.

Thank u all so much you have helped me narrow down what I want. Wish we got those travel systems in Australia but it doesn't look like it :( might have to go to a package price :D

Ohh just read where u live so not sure my choice will help but this is what i have and i cant wait to use it:

https://m.mothercare.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MCENGB-Site/default/Search-Show?q=expedior

Ive got it in plum as having a girl

We went with the Graco evo travel system, folds down easily & 1 handed, reversable, perfect height for me, maybe slightly too small for hubby ( didn't come with adjustable handle unfortunately), got it on sale too in Jan for £425.

I was clueless, too. I'm actually kind of grateful that K-Mart doesn't have the variety that baby stores do. Most of their travel systems were similar enough to where it all came down to price (since I didn't want, nor could afford, a fancy jogging style stroller).

I have a quinny buzz 3 with my little girl, love it. Can have a carseat on it, carrycot, faces mum and also faces away, easy to fold but quite bulky (not an issue for me as I don't drive). I'm selling that as soon as my new one arrives though as I need a double now and we've gone for a Jane Twone in Herb colour as it can be either a double or single :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->