So confused!

DuckyBlue

Reaction score
Probably clutching at straws here, but am so confused! D says I'm "desperate" :roll:, but don't think I'm quite there yet!

Today is cycle day 16. I originally got high fertility on the ovulation tests on Saturday (cycle day 10) - we're using the Clearblue digital tests, the ones that have three faces (blank circle for low, flashing smiley for high and static smiley for peak fertility). I had low fertility the day before. Every single day since then I've had the flashing face meaning high fertility, and not seen a peak. I should mention I have NEVER seen a peak face! Over the weekend I also had extremely water CM, which has been dry and sticky since Monday. This is unusual for me as usually it dries up immediately, and tends to get watery the day before my period.

For those who don't know much about me, I usually have very irregular, and often long, cycles. The past few months, however, have been relatively short cycles. I have had a couple of 28 days, one 29 day cycle and a 31 day cycle. Usually, however, my cycles are a lot longer than this - and we've no clue why! Anyway, I almost never get the "high" fertility this early in the cycle, so we made good use of the weekend.

However, this is what I am confused about. Along with the Clearblue tests, I did a couple of cheapie ones as I still had some left over. From Monday the lines were getting lighter. They were on the Clearblue ones too, one I removed the testing strip from the tester. However, today and last night they lines are getting darker :confused: I'm extremely confused by this! Does this mean it's likely ovulation hasn't happened yet, and I should expect to see peak days soon - and a longer cycle? Or are the tests faulty? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong??? Do I need to keep testing?

A friend tried to tell me that maybe conception (but not implantation yet) may have happened which is increasing hormones, and making the tests weird, but I don't know if that can happen? Good old Google doesn't answer my questions so I thought I'd come here and ask. This friend also said because I now have CM that I don't usually have after the completely watery CM, that this "proves" what she is saying, but I'm not convinced and honestly so confused!

Like I said, am clutching at straws here. OMG maybe D is right and I am desperate! :shock:

I’d keep testing until you get a peak. I had 7days of flashing smilies and then a peak on 8th day. Sometimes body can gear up to release an egg but then not actually do it and will surge again.

if lines have started getting darker again. Keep testing. Other than that dependent on how many time’s a day you test you could have just missed the peak surge on an opk x

Thanks. I did eventually get the peak on the Clearblue test but not on the other tests. One of my apps allows you to take a photo of a test strip and it tells you the percentage of the level based on how dark the line is and that had actually gone down.
D was working away the weekend I got the peak on the Clearblue test but was home early on the Monday morning so we tried that day too in the hopes we caught it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->