So cross at EPU, and panicking

Ducktales

Reaction score
I have been cramping since ovulation, like AF cramps, they are pretty much daily but calm down when i lie down or am in bed. They are not painful but every now and then i get a sharp tug and almost a stabbing pain, just for a second but nowhere near what i would call painful or any need to take painkillers.

I phoned the EPU for advice as i havent seen my GP yet and the lady on the phone was really rude to me, she said, well cramps arent normal, and you are only 5 weeks which is ridiculously early to be calling, if you have a MC, you will have one, wait and see.

I was shocked and panicked as i know that many ladies here have cramps and it is totally normally/

I am seeing my gp on wed pm and hope she is nicer....

Doesn't sound like they're any good at all.. If you've missed your next period and aren't having any bleeding, I'd take that as a good sign. My only worry might be that baby is growing in the wrong place - hence the cramps. I'm really suprised they won't check you out - I think thats awful!

Iv had cramps from day 1 and I see a healthy baby and heartbeat in Friday so I know all is ok. Just ignor them, some people went made to be in the healthcare business! Aslong as there not to painful and theres no bleeding id say alls ok x

I had cramps for the first 4 to 5 weeks of my pregnancy (so until 7 weeks or so) and so far all is fine. I wouldn't worry. But I agree, what a total b!tch. What would have been the harm in reassuring you and telling you not to worry? Sorry she was so rude to you. I also always wonder what the hell an EARLY pregnancy unit is for, if not for early pregnancies???

ahhhhh thats horrible how blimming rude of her it is called the EARLY pregnancy unit ignore the silly woman id complain there is no need to listen to her go and see ure doctor hopefully they will be more helpful cyber hugs xxxxx

I had terrible pains up until 10 weeks.....I was admitted to hospital for 4 days at 6 weeks as they thought I had an ectopic pregnancy, they couldnt see anything on the scan...no baby but my ovary was enlarged so they did blood tests and kept me on bedrest until 3 days later when they got the blood test results back.....my pregnancy hormone had doubled and they repeated the scan...they didnt hold out much hope but they found the tiny embryo on the scan in the right place.....the pain they said was a cyst on my ovary which they later confirmed on the scan.....at my 10 week scan there was no sign of the cyst and my baby is still in there and healthy!!!!! I did worry as although I havent had any sickness as such this time round(3rd) I have had a lot of cramps....but as long as you are not bleeding you can usually put it down to the ligaments and muscles stretching which the hormones cause.....try not to worry as I did and it mounted to nothing! :hugs:

although she was very rude i have some experience with epau as i used to work in a scan department and they wont see anyone with pain alone. Inless you where doubled over. Then you would go a and e. Its rubbish as its worrying and i do think she could of reasurred you

I think what she said out of order, i have had cramps and bleeds with this pregnancy and all is ok with bubba... gl x

Cramps are totally normal. I had them for a few weeks and even now when I stretch, stand up too fast, cough, sneeze, etc I get a sharp pain and it is anywhere from my ovary areas to right in the middle. As long as you aren't bleeding then its just ligament pain from the baby setting up camp for the next few months. Good luck !!!!

thanks everyone, i feel reassured and appreciate all the comments
roll on 12 week scan !
xxxx

thanks everyone, i feel reassured and really appreciate all the comments
roll on 12 week scan !
xxxx

Hi Ducktales! I know it's hard but try not to worry :hugs: I had cramps like period pains from 4 weeks to about 7 weeks, doctor said it can happen and shouldn't worry unless there was spotting, had slight spotting and called doctor who said if it happened again she'd send me to EPU, so the next week, same story so called EPU, who were quite rude and said they treat all bleeding as threatened miscarriage unless proved otherwise and left me waiting 3 days to be scanned... Anyways, baby turned out to be perfect on the scan, right size and lil heart beating away. Try to relax until you can see your doctor because worse thing to do is look cramping symptoms etc up on internet as that's what I did and had myself convinced they were going to tell me there was no baby there! It'll work out for you and I'm sure you have a sticky bean too! :thumbup:

As long as you aren't bleeding then its just ligament pain from the baby setting up camp for the next few months. Good luck !!!!

I like the describe of the baby setting up camp!

Sorry to hear about the lady at EPU, she should be able to calm you down a bit and explain it is normal but obviously she hasn't!!

Go and see ur doctor and hope she'll be more nice for you, lovely. xxx:hugs:

Sometimes people can be soo inconsiderate and as ur hormones r all over the place atm u prob felt lk crying after how she spoke 2 u(i know i wud of)..i am not much further on than u and have been experiencing pretty much the same..quite bad cramps but no bleeding altho mine r worse in bed and they have actually woke me up once ..i rang my midwife who i havent even met jus got her no. off the doc and she cudnt of been nicer i told her about the pains and becoz iv had a mc b4 she referred me for an early scan at EPU this fri..i honestly think shed of referred me even if i hadnt had the mc b4 so i wud def get the num for ur community midwife off the docs receptionist and spk to her to reassure u..hope this helps a bit..dnt b thinking jus coz that rude woman z 5wks is early that ur too early to ring midwife ..u ARE pregnant at the end of the day and she was jus rude and inconsiderate..take carexx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->