So excited I got DH to agree to the name I want!

futurephotos

#2 is baking!
Reaction score
When we had our son we easily came up with a ton of boy names and both immediately agreed on the same one - it didn't take any time or debate. However a girl name for this one has really been a struggle. I have FINALLY gotten DH to agree to my fav. girl name... Evelyn!!! We are picking the middle name after his grandma Agnus.
So our little girl is gonna be Evelyn Agnus W.
We're still deciding if we should tell anyone or keep the name a secret until she's arrived. We waited till DS was born - which was hard/fun. Part of me wants to do it the same, but the other part of me wants to talk about her by name now. It may make family more invested in the process... since this is #2 (close to #1) they haven't seemed to care much about this pregnancy so far.
Do you think we should tell people?

Def keep it a secret. It is the easiest way to avoid negativity--and there will always be some

Do people know you're having a girl?

Love the name Evelyn and like that your middle name has a special meaning.

I would 100% keep it secret until her arrival x

Yay good for you :) I have Evelyn on my shortlist as it's my great-grandma's name but OH doesn't like it 'cause his ex-wife's mother is called Eve. So, not my problem. He's coming up with trashy Jerry Springer-type names.

Love it!

I'd personally keep it a secret, it annoys and upsets me so bad that so many ladies post on here absolutely devastated somebody has slated their name. Theirs always 1 (or 10) idiots who forget its NOT their child and think they have a say. I'm gonna been keeping hush til birth, if your strong minded and wont be affected if there is someone being negative then tell people! :)

Zuki- yes we've told people it's a girl.

I'd imagine the only complaint people would mention would be that it is "old" sounding. That was the same reason DH didn't like it at first... but I persuaded him!
I personally haven't liked the names that other family members (cousins, SIL, etc) have picked for their children- but I'd never say anything to them about it. SIL told everyone the name from the get go and it seemed like it gave people more time to adjust to it before the kid's arrival. If people aren't going to like it they aren't going to like it whether they know now or later. If they're going to be negative I think I'd rather have them get it out of the way instead of ruining the birthday when it's announced.
DH wants to wait like we did before with our son. So, now that's the next thing I'll need to convince him of :) At home we've been using her name now that we agreed on it - I'm afraid I'll slip up in public and it will come out anyways.

Evelyn Agnus is cute. My church as a child was St Agnes' which I have fond memories of, so maybe I'm biased. :)

I'd imagine the only complaint people would mention would be that it is "old" sounding. That was the same reason DH didn't like it at first... but I persuaded him!
I personally haven't liked the names that other family members (cousins, SIL, etc) have picked for their children- but I'd never say anything to them about it. SIL told everyone the name from the get go and it seemed like it gave people more time to adjust to it before the kid's arrival. If people aren't going to like it they aren't going to like it whether they know now or later. If they're going to be negative I think I'd rather have them get it out of the way instead of ruining the birthday when it's announced.
DH wants to wait like we did before with our son. So, now that's the next thing I'll need to convince him of :) At home we've been using her name now that we agreed on it - I'm afraid I'll slip up in public and it will come out anyways.

I have NEVER known of someone rude enough to voice their opinion after the child is named... especially not on the day of birth :wacko:

If people know it's a girl personally I'd keep the name quiet, because it's nice to have a surprise to tell everyone after the LO is born, if you see what I mean?
"Oh you knew we were having a girl, but here's the bit you didn't know..." Just think it's nice to save something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->