So following on from my why are you into fluff...

gills8752

Mum of 2 Girl
Reaction score
So following on from why are you into fluff thread. Lets see the real figures. Pick an answer that is the majority reason of why....

I'd probably use the eco friendly and cost arguments if I was explaining to people why....but really it's cos I like the pretties.

when i was pregnant i learnt how to knit, then i learned how to sew, then i was looking up baby clothes patterns on the internet and i came across a cloth nappy pattern so thought id give it a go :D

x

im only just converting but for me its more because they are pretty and look so much more comfy and better for babs skin, i do like the fact its eco friendly too,i will not be switching lj over tho, as he will be starting potty training soon and he still poos like 5 times a day lol x

I think PURPLEDAHLIA should be an option on your poll........

:rofl:

Eco friendly mostly. I was starting to get upset about thinking about all of her nappies ending up in landfill, and that eventually, mucky nappies would take over the world.

It's also in a massive part due to the fact that I kept finding nappy crystals on her bum, so I swore I'd never use them again. This was when she was about 2 months. I'd wanted to use cloth from the start, but I got absolutly no support from anyone other than my OH, and he (like me) had no idea where to start.

And the prettyness helps!

I hate wearing anything other than natural fibres myself and can't handle the thought of landfill, and the monetary expenditure on sposies.

I know a lot of the nappy parts aren't natural fibres....but they are less icky to me than the sposies...i'm a bit weird when it comes to clothing fibre (its a weird OCD thing I think...)

Prettyness, cost and really what is it for me is how much better they are on babies bottoms :)

Cost for me! most of Q's fluff is pre-loved, or testers!

i haven't even tried to total up how much money i've saved but if i look at my ticker and times that by say 11p per nappy (ticker currently 1529)

£1,390
less the cost of my cloth £400

i've made a saving of £990! That's some saving!

There isn't really an option for me.....

Mine was because I hated the thought of chemicals next to lo's skin. I HATE Proctor & Gamble (who own Pampers) due to their animal testing :'( it's also to do with being greener, and then, I suppose.....maybe, possibly to do with the fact that they are a lil' bit pretty.....maybe, slightly.....:blush:

I once read the statistic of how much of the world's landfill is solely made up of disposable nappies, I can't remember what it is (anyone know?) but it gobsmacked me. But I also like the prettyness and variety which you don't get with sposies. And my friend in Oz was doing it and really promoting it, so I voted for a bit of everything! I haven't got a full stash yet but I'm getting there :thumbup:

It was all Mo3;s fault when she was the 'ask a mum' for cloth nappies. I got really intrigued and she helped me out with everything I needed to know via MSN. She taught me all I know:thumbup:

the main thing for me was not having chemicals next to LO skin and there isn't an option for that. the eco friendly and saving money were next factors and both equally important so voted for cheap skate/save money :)

I'm def not confuddled about why, but it was an "all of the above" decision for me x

I still don't know why I'm using them. I know its the right thing to do but that's not what inspired me. It's some weird instinctive thing. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->