SO FRUSTRATED! More waiting.....crying again

Mellymel

Reaction score
Just a bit of history ...

As some of you know I am 38 yrs old and TTC #1. I have had a struggle with waiting 2 years to get clearance by my Gastroenterologist to start TTC (solely due to 1) waiting for an appointment...... even though I've been seeing him for 8 years now, 2) getting an MRI to make sure my crohn's is controlled, which I got within 2 wks 3) a follow up appointment to discuss my test results, which took 6 months to get)

I finally go off the BCP and I end up pregnant fairly quickly, confirmed by my GP. He says I'm high risk but doesn't bother making the referral to the OBGYN like he said until after my MC was confirmed.

I end up being forced into a D&C (got a call that it was scheduled for the next day and when we tried to change it we were told it was already booked) even though I expressed discomfort/uncertainty with the technologist 's ability who did the 1st U/S after almost 3 months pregnant.

I then go for an internal US because they found fibroids in the 1st US. And then I wait another 6 weeks to see the OBGYN.

This is my 1st appointment and she is a locum. I know they deal with this kind of stuff regularly but she didn't say anything about the mc. She spent the 1st 10 minutes asking questions and then she let me know that the internal US only said what we already knew. I had fibroids. She told me to use some sort of BC because she now has to get more information to confirm the location of the fibroids. Then I might need more tests before I can TTC.

I have an order for bloodwork and I might need a dye injected into my uterus to locate the fibroids if she cannot get specifics. I also might need tests on my liver to ensure that is okay.

It has been about 7 weeks since my d&c. I thought I was over it but I cried at that appointment when I told her about my frustration with the 1st US.

All she really focused on was that the baby was 7 wks, 5days when it should have been 9 wks 5 days. I told her that I wasn't certain how far along I was since there was no testing before this (I actually thought I was closer to 12 wks, based on my last period). If you take 12 wks and subtract the 4 wks between my last period and next period it is about 8 wks).

She then told me that it is pretty easy to find a heart beat so I told her that I read (on this site) about people who experienced no heart beat the 1st time and then it was found the 2nd time. She said that she didn't know she could reassure me enough to ever have closure...

Because this was my 1st mc they didn't do any testing post d&c. I also had no bloodwork results (although they did take blood at the hospital JUST before my d&C).

When I started to cry she didn't do anything but hand me the Kleenex box, tell me that it is okay because it is a loss and ask me if I needed a referral to a counsellor. I know they deal with this all of the time but it just seemed like she was flat out uncomfortable. Also, I noticed her constantly looking behind me. I forgot to check to see if there was a clock behind me because I felt like I was taking up too much time. Don't get me wrong she did ask me if I had any more questions but when I asked her to write down the tests so I could tell my mom (she's a nurse) she seemed annoyed.

Oh and she prescribed me Prem-vit 5 but my extended health doesn't cover it. The cost is $47 per month plus the pharmacy fees...

So now I wait to find out next steps. I'm 39 in 5 months. I am so tired of waiting.:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->