• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So Frustrated with Ultrasound Tech and Doctor!

Mii

Reaction score
Okay so I got an ultrasound done tuesday morning... My doctors unit is 30 my Ultrasound Tech's unit is 26 .... (so like.. 20 feet away from each other)
They said it would be a few days (aka 2-3 days) until my doctor will get the results and be able to tell me how far along I am. so I called yesterday, nothing. Called today.. still nothing!!!! I am just so frustrated that its taking so long for the information to get to him when they are only a few units away from each other!!! I just want to know exactly how far along I am so I can stop guessing and start actually planning stuff and book my 20 weeks ultrasound (I need to book it ASAP so OH can book it off work cause I told him the 20 week ultrasound is the only one I want him to go to cause we will be finding out the gender)
And since I think I am farther along then I thought I really want to know.. and just make sure everything is okay and the baby is on the right track.. UGH I am feeling extremely annoyed and impatient that they are taking so long to give me this information.

Omg! Your going threw the exact same problem as me! The ultrasound techs and the hospital won't tell me a thing!!!!!!! I keep asking do you see a baby? How many weeks? Etc... And they say can't tell u only doctor can!!! I think that's bullshit!! And to try to contact my doctor is next to impossible! And when I try to call her secretary she gets all bitchy with me!!! I have another ultrasound Monday!

Wtf they don't even need to pick up the phone just drop the info by on the way to the toilet!!!

Your not in the US are you? We go to our OB doctor get an right week scan right there and they date you. Very bizarre no one can tell you. You should be able to know right away.

I live in Canada and if I knew it would take this long I would have just brought the information over to the doctor myself! and they are closed all weekend so.. ughh.. I hate this.
Seriously if they don't have the information by monday I am going to just make a doctors appointment, and then book another ulltrasound for when I think Im 20 weeks because I am impatient and if I dont give OH enough notice he wont be able to make it to the gender scan.

So weird.. I'm in the US too and was dated right there in the exam room. The Ultrasound machine has a way to measure it.. Must be different machines being used.

I have no idea.. I assume the ultrasound tech, yes knows how to measure baby and everything but doesn't know how to tell exactly how far along I am because the place that does the ultrasounds also does x-rays and ultrasounds for multiple purposes not just for pregnancies because when I got my dating scan for Myles at the hospital they told me right then and there. ... So I think when I book my 20 week it will be at the hospital because if I have to wait over a week to find out the gender AFTER the ultrasound? omg I will loss it lol

Do you have your ultrasound pic? Does it say the CRL measurement on there? If you know the CRL or gestational sac measurement, you can work out how far along you are yourself. I've used this with my baby's current CRL, and it was bang on right - https://www.perinatology.com/calculators/Crown Rump and Nuchal Translucency.htm

Canada sucks for things like that, even simple things as getting an xray they wont tell you the results they'll say make an appt with your doctor in two weeks :wacko: Like fine its free in Canada, but they do have hassles in the medical field.

I didn't even get pictures!!! :'( They didn't offer for me to have pictures or even keep the machine on long enough for me to get a quick picture with my phone because it was her "lunch time" after she was done my ultrasound.
(they usually give you a CD with pictures after your 20week) Ugh I didn't like this ultrasound place when I was pregnant with Myles Im not sure how I came to the conclusion that I would be able to deal with them again.
Thanks for trying to help me out tho ;( Guess Ill just have to be patient and book any more at the hospital

@AC1987 I know!!! And the ultrasound tech was nice enough but she was in such a friggin' hurry Literally after she was done she switched it off and told me to clean up and was out of the room before I could even manage to say okay!

I'm in Canada too :/ I was under the impression I would know that day. I have to go to the children's hospital for my ultrasound on the 20th. If I have to wait for my dr that's gunna be brutal she's always on vacation -_-

Ya it's just the hospital they won't tell you anything. I'd I went to any other clinic they would tell you everything. Must be some standard hospital proticals. I'm in Canada as well

Was it a normal scheduled scan? I know here if you have a emergency scan not ordered by your doc in the us they can't tell you anything or let you see the screen. I had an early scan at the Er and it drove me nuts!

Sorry about that, hon. I had a horrible sonographer for my first scan, too. It ruins what should be a nice and/or reassuring time :/

I didn't get the scan at a hospital, it was in a little building like strictly for ultrasounds and x-rays and I think because they don't strictly deal with pregnancies they aren't aloud to give out any information incase its wrong. But hospitals are (Im pretty sure) so.. yeah if I need anything Im going to my actual OB (cause the place I went to it wasn't my actual OB, I usually dont start to see her until .. well Im not exacly sure when I start to see her lol probably once a month after Im 12 weeks.

They recently changed the rules in ontario the techs cannot tell you anything even at my 20 weeks scan i got 1 picture no cd and a 1-2 minute look at baby and it took 1.5 weeks for my dr to get the results.

WHAT OMG NOOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS??? UGH NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.... Boo... Well this is going to suck big time! :( I dont want to wait to know the gender! I am impatient enough! lol maybe if I tell my doctor to tell my OB to tell me right then and there... Lol

Thats crazy!! I live in Australia and the tech told me when I went for my dating scan. I she showed me the baby, told me how far along i was, told me how big the sac was measuring, gave me pics and made sure to point out the heartbeat and tell me the heart rate.

I hope you hear soon they forget how anxious pregnant women are in early pregnancy smh

I got to see the baby (the screen was tilted my way while she was measuring so I got to watch the whole thing lol) but after she pointed out the heart and I seen it was beating but I have yet to hear it and I have no idea how strong it is or isn't ... :( blah.

WHAT OMG NOOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS??? UGH NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.... Boo... Well this is going to suck big time! :( I dont want to wait to know the gender! I am impatient enough! lol maybe if I tell my doctor to tell my OB to tell me right then and there... Lol
You cannot find out the gender unless you pay a private 3d scan even if you ask they wont put it in the report I tried my doctor said it is because of an increase in gender selection abortions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->