• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So Frustrated with Ultrasound Tech and Doctor!

WHAT OMG NOOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS??? UGH NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.... Boo... Well this is going to suck big time! :( I dont want to wait to know the gender! I am impatient enough! lol maybe if I tell my doctor to tell my OB to tell me right then and there... Lol
You cannot find out the gender unless you pay a private 3d scan even if you ask they wont put it in the report I tried my doctor said it is because of an increase in gender selection abortions

Not trying to sound bad but I have heard this is true for some cultures. I heard there are a lot of Asian cultures that will abort girls in the area :shrug: not sure how accurate that is tho.

Not trying to sound bad but I have heard this is true for some cultures. I heard there are a lot of Asian cultures that will abort girls in the area :shrug: not sure how accurate that is tho.[/QUOTE]
Dr didnt say she just said that as of january 1st of this year both ontario and bc will no longer tell you the gender during your 20week scan and the only option to find out is the private scan which is anywhere from 70-75 dollars

There are some hospitals in the UK with high areas of Asian population that won't tell people either but most will.

I don't understand how you can be an ultra sound tech but not tell the size of the baby?

They just take a measurement with a line on the screen & then that works it out? Why on earth would a dr need to get involved?

Im in Canada...I have had 3 u/s and one was in the hospital. At all three they told me date, Hr and crl....not sure why they would make you wait?

Wow I live in Canada as well but my experience had been totally different. I had an ultrasound around 9 weeks for dating as I got pregnant straight after breastfeeding with no period and they told me how far along I was. At my 20 week ultrasound they would have told me the sex of the baby if she hadn't been crossing her legs and then at my 34 week growth scan I got the nicest ultrasound tech ever who switched it over into 3D printed me off 4 pictures and even told me her estimated weight. This was all done in the local hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->