So frustrating!

Hoping4Four

Reaction score
I'm 40+3 today and I was told at my last two appointments (two different midwives) that I'd get a sweep at today's appointment. I've been having mild contractions all day so I was hoping it might just kick start things properly and get this baby moving.

Well I just had the appointment and saw a different midwife again, who said they don't do sweeps until 41 weeks :( so she booked me in for Monday, when I'll be 41+1.

I feel really disappointed. I know sweeps don't always work but at least it's doing SOMETHING to try and get this baby out. Every day I go further overdue I feel more miserable.. I've never had to deal with a late baby before! I also want to avoid an induction at all costs because I want this baby at home.

Pointless post really, I just needed to vent!

Think it depends on your midwife. Mine is doing one for me tomorrow at 38+1. She did me one at 39+4 in my first pregnancy. Is there anyone else you can see? Xx

It varies so much im the UK.

.Im sorry you didnt get it, i send you positive vibes that you go before your next appt or that sweep works super fast, i had 1 only at 41 and had her less than 48hrs later :)

Oh no how annoying. Hope things get moving soon for u

Same here. They won't do one til you're 41 weeks. I'm booked in for first thing on Friday morning.
Sorry you're so frustrated although the chances of you needing to be induced if all your others came naturally is very slim - at least that's what my midwife told me yesterday and I am choosing to believe her! Induction day is next Wed for me - 13 days over xx

Thanks ladies. I wouldn't be as disappointed if I'd been told I'd have to wait until 41 weeks right from the start.. I was told twice it would happen today! So I don't know why it varies so much.

Each of my labours has started totally differently so I don't know what to expect this time. My first was an induction due to IUGR, my second was a textbook spontaneous labour that started with mild contractions, and with my third my waters broke but I needed inducing to get labour started. This time I've had way more painful braxton hicks and bloody discharge but still no sign of baby! :(

i no were i am in uk for first preg its after 40weeks not sure when as never had one. My last preg no 2 i was supposed have one on my due date (i was high risk pre e) laboured self day before. No talk one yet am 35+4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->