So... how about these wool thingies?

F

FemmeEnceinte

I don't understand them... I like the look of them and understand that they're waterproof (once lanolialalalalalierasized? :lol:) but, I was looking at getting some custom made for Smallo and the lady told me that she'd lanolialalalalalierasize them for me and that I just needed to air dry them and not wash them, or something? (Unless she'd pooped)

What?

Yep, thats right, you don't need to wash them :D

Is that not a bit ming?

Also... do they go under clothes or are they just "as is"?

No washing required :) Lanolised wool is amazing stuffs!
Theo wears his as is, at night he wears his night nappy, his shorties, longies or soaker depending on how warm it is and what nappy he has on and a PJ top.
Just lanolise once a month and handwash with wool wash if they get pooped on.

ooo me can't wait till my woolly pants arrive :happydance: (well, audrey's !)

i'll have to buy lots more to make all the lanolin and woolly wash stuff worthwhile :winkwink:

wool is self cleaning- it contains natural antibacterialness (sp? :p) so thats why u don't wash it often...u just air dry it (unless its been pooped on). U wash it if the wet sheep smell lingers even once its dry (which is apparently only every few weeks) and re lanolise every now and then.

only while its wet...and if the smell lingers once its dry they r in need of a wash

Nope and I have a good few soggy nappies under it! Although I bought mine from Kirsten and she lanolised it for me so I wonder how it will fair when I do it myself :rofl:

Noooooo stop being so convincing about wool being lovely, darn you all, you'll start another addiction!!! This is really informative, though :flower:
I AM actually really interested in trying a newborn sized wool/fleece wrap for night-times if anyone had one they're wanting to sell or knows of good ones please?

Mine never smell of pee...at all. If they smell of pee apparently thats a sign they need lanolising. I use the wool over the bedbugs, WNNN and stretchie bamboozle and its not smelt even if the outside of the nappy has been damp/wet and it doesnt smell once its aired. Though the wool has never felt damp anyway, its always felt dry even when the nappies have been wet.

I was sooo happy this morning when my new (been lanolised twice by me and that's it - they sometimes need doing a few times when new) Disana soaker was pretty much dry :)

It had a SOPPING wet bedbug underneath it and I fully expected it to need more lanolising before it coped overnight!

Wool is amazing!

:happydance:

Noooooo stop being so convincing about wool being lovely, darn you all, you'll start another addiction!!! This is really informative, though :flower:
I AM actually really interested in trying a newborn sized wool/fleece wrap for night-times if anyone had one they're wanting to sell or knows of good ones please?

I never got my head around it, so have some that were never used. I'll go take a picture and post them in swap and sell :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/169937-cloth-swap-sell-197.html#post4679875

Have a look, they're all unisex as I bought when pregnant!They are super cute!

hmhmhm, you ladies are making me too interested! :lol:

OH thinks you're all bad influences :haha:

I never got my head around it, so have some that were never used. I'll go take a picture and post them in swap and sell :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/169937-cloth-swap-sell-197.html#post4679875

Aww they ARE super cute, but I don't think it's wise for me to be buying all of the bits and pieces lanolising etc. when I'm not sure if they'll work for us.
But thank you so much anyway :hugs:

Aww they ARE super cute, but I don't think it's wise for me to be buying all of the bits and pieces lanolising etc. when I'm not sure if they'll work for us.
But thank you so much anyway :hugs:

Thats ok, at least I got off my ass and took a photo which I've been meaning to do for ages!

My oh asks if they're itchy too! Must be a man thing!

I don't think they are btw they don't feel itchy to me anyway, I've got loads more
coming xx

I've been thinking about wool too actually to go over a bedbug. My only concern at the moment is the weather, without meaning to be dumb but will it not be getting a bit warm for wool soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->