So... how about these wool thingies?

I never got my head around it, so have some that were never used. I'll go take a picture and post them in swap and sell :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/169937-cloth-swap-sell-197.html#post4679875

Have a look, they're all unisex as I bought when pregnant!They are super cute!

Aww they ARE super cute, but I don't think it's wise for me to be buying all of the bits and pieces lanolising etc. when I'm not sure if they'll work for us.
But thank you so much anyway :hugs:

It depends what wool they are knitted from. Some wool is itchy, and some isn't. Also, apparently it's the lanolin itself, not the wool, which does the cleaning and won't absorb smells, so if they start to smell you have to wash them in wool soap and then soak in lanolin solution again.

I got mine from here and they are gorgeously soft!

none of mine are itchy, it is to do with the type of wool (been looking at this closely as I am knitting my own).
As for being too warm, thats why I have soakers and shorties as well as longies, the soakers only cover the nappy, just over the waist and below the leg, the shorties cover even less. Wool is better than PUL in the heat as it wont make them sweat as much as its breathable so its a better bet in hot weather esp with natural fibre underneath.

Another Q about wool... I'm just looking at buying some Disana pull up ones - anyone used them and have anything good or bad to say? Also, I think they come pre-lanolised (could be wrong though) but I've read that you should re-lanolise after a few uses, so I'll probably just do it straight away, but then I've found 'Northern Essence Wool Wash', which says it contains lanolin to keep the lanolin levels topped up. If I got that, would I still need to lanolise after I wash them, or can I just use that?

Another Q about wool... I'm just looking at buying some Disana pull up ones - anyone used them and have anything good or bad to say? Also, I think they come pre-lanolised (could be wrong though) but I've read that you should re-lanolise after a few uses, so I'll probably just do it straight away, but then I've found 'Northern Essence Wool Wash', which says it contains lanolin to keep the lanolin levels topped up. If I got that, would I still need to lanolise after I wash them, or can I just use that?

I use the Disana pull ons, so does Sara. I lanolised mine twice before I used them overnight and they were brilliant. Stayed waterproof even with a sopping wet nappy unerneath.

I have blue disana pull ons, I lanolised them once after I got them and used them overnight no problems.

I have disana woolies too but haven't really given them a good shot yet as not got much that needs a cover. I lanolised mine with solid lanolin and then i'm going to use a splash of wool wahs when it comes to wahsing them just to keep it topped up.

Oooh oooh I have a question for you 'ladies of the wool' :D
I have some various knitted things from my mum and other relatives/friends of people I don't know who heard there was a baby occuring and got excitable with their needles, and some of these have included jogger type trousers and dungarees.
My question is - can I lanolise these myself and make them in longies, or do they have to be knitted from a special kind of wool?

Thank you! :flower:

Noooooo stop being so convincing about wool being lovely, darn you all, you'll start another addiction!!! This is really informative, though :flower:
I AM actually really interested in trying a newborn sized wool/fleece wrap for night-times if anyone had one they're wanting to sell or knows of good ones please?

Littlepants (my faves) have just brought out a new soaker in NB size, which looks really nice, and only £8. I love their woollies, 'cos they are really soft!
https://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=112&products_id=322

Oooh oooh I have a question for you 'ladies of the wool' :D
I have some various knitted things from my mum and other relatives/friends of people I don't know who heard there was a baby occuring and got excitable with their needles, and some of these have included jogger type trousers and dungarees.
My question is - can I lanolise these myself and make them in longies, or do they have to be knitted from a special kind of wool?

Thank you! :flower:

I think you can't lanilise wool that's machine washable - I read somewhere that it won't accept lanolin. Otherwise I don't see why not!

most knitted stuffs are made with acrylic yarn, not technically wool, just called wool, they wouldnt work, although they can be quite waterproof themselves, wouldnt lanolise them cos it has to be 100% wool for that, and wouldnt leave them on too long

x

they have to be made of at least 80% wool to work well, old jumpers can be made into lovely longies if you would like the link, it will save money and a quick jaunt round the local charity shop could land you with some lovely longies.

saying that though, its quite difficult to find wool jumpers, real wool, most of them are also acrylic :(

x

keep an eye on charity shops...I discovered a realwool jumper in one for £1.50 on Friday. I spotted it driving past and almost drove up the kerb in my excitement.

Yeah I got a few 100% lambswool jumpers from my charity shop :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->