So How Bad is Morning sickness?

C

carla15x

I was hoping we could talk morning sickness ladies
Have you had it? How long did it last? etc.
=]

I'm worried that when I do eventually get pg that I'm going to be really sick
&& spend most of the 9 months in bed!

I have been pregnant once before and although it was only until 8 weeks
I still suffered numerous bouts of morning sickness, although it was actually dinnertime/afternoon sickness really.
&& spent one day totally bed bound being sick every two hours = /

A friend of mine, who has since had her little girl, got hospitalised due to very bad sickness.

Is this extent of sickness common?

xx

I dont think that extent of sickness is all that common.

I had sickness up until about 3 months. I only had one weekend where I was actually physically sick, it was more a sicky feeling that lasted all day.

A lot of people dont get it at all! Lucky things!

im sick every morning about 10 mins after i get up at the moment, started a couple of weeks ago so i have got it heavy and early but strangely enough its ok as i know it means baby is doing well. i also feel sick in the evenings or if i go too long without eating xx

it effects everyone differently ...

its certainley no walk in the park, i felt like i just couldnt do anything for those first 14 weeks, i hated it :hissy:

It affects everyone to greater or lesser extents, and some women not at all. I felt nauseous 24/7 until I was 3 months along, but was never physically sick. It didn't stop me going about my day-to-day activities.
x

I felt very nauseous for the first 3 months with my daughter but was physically sick with my son. It certainly isn't very pleasant but hopefully by the 3rd month it should start to ease.

I've spent the last 2 weeks either being sick or lying down, lost 5lbs in a week and constantly feel sick :|

everyones different hun..
for about the first 2 months, i was sick all day everyday, then from about 9-13 weeks, it was just a little bit in the morning...
it isnt a nice experience hun, but in the end its completely worth it! :)
x

Every pregnancy is totally different! I never had any morning sickness x

This is the thing I am dreading most about next time. Last time I was sick all day every day for the first five months, spent most of my time lying on the sofa and lost a lot of weight. :hissy:

But every pregnancy can be different so I'm really hoping I won't get it so badly next time.

Every person is different, and every pregnancy is different.

I didn't have any morning sickness at all.
I can see why you could be hospitalized, if you're so sick you can't eat, etc. but I'd say that's way less common than hearing about people who don't feel sick at all.

Like I said, varies pregnancy to pregnancy even so try not to worry too much, you may skip it!

Everyone's different, I only had a few weeks of sickness, and only a few days were I pretty much stayed in bed all day. I was nauseous a lot during that time but I only actually threw up once (from taking pre-natal vitamin without eating). Every pregnancy is different too, so you may not experience the same thing this time around.

I didn't find it all that bad. I did have all day nausea (I was only actually sick about twice) and it seemed worse when I was hungry (a bit like sea sickness is how I'd describe it). Eat little snacks often is my advice as it seemed to take the edge off things. I found that I actually got it worse in the evening! I had it until about 15 weeks - but it seemed to get a lot milder from about 11 weeks onwards (this is when the placenta starts taking over from some of the hormones!).

Wow like every person on here has said something different!
missjacey44. . . NO morning sickness?? Lucky you = ]

Oh yea my mate who got hospitalised . . .
Yeah she couldn't eat or anything but she is also quite overweight && was working quite alot, the first time she passed out was when she was at work actually. . . so maybe it was directly linked to her weight?

She wasn't kept in long about 2 weeks. . . .
But she was still really ill the rest of the pregnancy . . .
I think the main problem was dehydration

xx

For our first I was sick 7 of the 9 months. It was just in the morning. I am hoping the second time around that it does not last that long!

I was nauseous for weeks 6-14 everyday like clockwork at 5:30 pm starting in one particular spot of my drive home. I learned to bring a snack for the drive and that helped. I would also randomly throw up throughout my pregnancy with little warning but as others said, everyone is different. With my first pregnancy, I was barely sick and that pregnancy ended at 10 1/2 weeks. I was actually grateful for the sickness, as someone else said, it was a good sign to me that everything was progressing better the second time. :)

I just felt a bit nauseous & dizzy now & then, but then my pregnancy ended at 12.5 weeks, so that might be why I had a lack of symtoms? :)

i dont even know if im pregnant yet, and ive had 3 straight days of constant nausea. today is really bad though :(

I am scared about morning sickness because vomiting makes me scared and I end up crying, I really hate it! So have already been looking up ways to help, will be stocking up on peppermints & ginger biscuits for sure as soon as I get that BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->