so...i figured out whats wrong with me

helenbun2005

Reaction score
the last week or so i have been desparate to learn a new skill or get back into horse riding or something to fill my days...although the thought of leaving harry for even and hour to do that "something" filled me with dread and anxiety.

then last night i clicked...im trying to fill a void!

not that i really have a void..i have a beautiful son whom i adore and a house to keep clean and other house-wifey stuff to do etc

but its finally sunk in that this is my life now, and although i love it...i wanted to fill my time before we start ttc number 2 in october.

so i realised i just have to get over myself...this is exactly what i did before i was a mum...(the "old" me, if you will)...i kept myself busy waiting for the next big thing, instead of living in the moment...

And because ive realised this...im fine now!!! i can relax, just a mum and a house wife and wait that little month before we can start the fun of trying for the next.

sorry for the ramble!

this sort of thing just happened to me after we moved. Now that I'm not packing, moving, or unpacking anything I feel like I'm being lazy and need something to do. I have a feeling it's going to be the same when I really start to dive into my wedding planning.

I got like this also after big events came to an end- Engaged, then married, the house, then baby and now.. hmmmmm. It's a stand still. Take a deep breath and enjoy the calm =)

Glad your feeling better.

I was the same about leaving Nathan to start riding again...but I figured I had to learn to leave him for an hour or two before I go back to work next February as my heart is just gonna break. But now I love my time away on my own. I just cant wait for him to grow and hopefully do this with me....but maybe thats wishful thinking!:blush:

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I'm exactly the same. I'm even starting college AGAIN to try and fill my time. However, I just thought of an even better way of filling my time, starting my own little crafty business, so now I'm confused :p
I find it hard to 'live for the moment' at the best of times (because I love planning and organising so much, and get stressed without it lol!), but at the moment it's even harder :S I'm only 20 as well, but I've had enough of the drinking and partying thing, it's a bit dull after 5 years!

im with you on this one...filling a void! I have spent the last few years worrying about getting our feet on the property ladder. We finally got a mortgage early this year and spent the next few months packing and unpacking and now...nothing :( there is something missing. I am waiting for the OH to give the thumbs up on TTC. In the meantime i think i will enjoy the calm before the storm :)

Hey girls, after reading this earlier I thought it was a bit sad that I can't just get on with life and live for now, so I chatted with OH and my mum and decided not to go to college, but to make a real go of the little craft business :D I also decided I'm gonna specialize in gifts for children/babies/parents, and as my mum is a dressmaker she wants to make childrens clothes, etc. anyway, so it will all tie in nicely. Hooray!! :) So excited!!
Thanks guys for the inspiration, maybe if it takes off you can all have some discount?! lol.
Just thought I'd update you. I know it's a pointless comment but I'm excited :p
xx

Thats really good fuffyburra - good for you hun. Good luck with it all :) x

Have you thought about doing some kind of volunteer work that you could take your son with you?

I've got a lady who helps out with my scout group and her daughter stays in the pram while she joins in with us. She's also a SAHM and says she'd go mad without something else to focus on.

aww hunni! Well at least you have realised it now :)

:hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"