So, I have a confession..

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Much as I am now a cloth addict. I'm too scared to use them at night or when out :blush:

Any tips greatly received as atm I'm buying fluff and disposables. I will be pooooor! xx

I still use disposables on a night but have started using my cloth ones while out now. The only tips I can think of while out and about are to use your less bulky nappies as they take up less room (I use totsbots Bamboozles and wraps out) Find a decent waterproof bag (I am useing my waterproof bag and a plastic bag inside as the one I bought has a got in the drawstring part). Plus just give it a go when you go out, it is easier than I thought it would be. :thumbup:

If want to use them at night buy specific night nappies or extra bamboo boosters. I use terries as inserts at night myself and havent had any problems.

When going out i tend to take 1 extra nappy than i think i need, take a wet bag with you and thats about it really. Ive never had a problem using them out and about myself. Maybe double stuff them if youre going out for a long time.

I use a fitted plus a wrap at night & it manages 12hours, no probs. I dont dare use fluff when out & about though.

Flips are great when you're out because the inserts hardly take up any room (no more than a disposable). You didn't love your Flips though, right?

Youve just got to take the plunge and do it :thumbup:

I'm sure you said you'd got a wetbag so with that its just like using sposies out and about in my opinion, your change bag may be abit bulkier but I think thats about it, we've never had any problems; a few wobbles overnight recently but thats all :)

I have one of these on my pushchair https://www.buggybaskets.co.uk/prod...ller-bag---zapp---petite-star-zia---universal so I can stuff loads of things in there - that way you dont have to try and cram nappies in your changing bag!

Makes it loads easier with cloth!

Go on do ittttt!

I use fluff all day everyday and only get a problem with ittis if she happens to poop whilst in one :rofl: As someone else said about use a wrap over the nappy and night and you are pretty safe for over ten hours :D

Ner ner ner ner ner I've been outside in fluff and I've only got 5 cloth nappies!

( i had a spare change of clothes and a handful of sposies too though lol)

Flips are great when you're out because the inserts hardly take up any room (no more than a disposable). You didn't love your Flips though, right?

Nah I sold them.

So I braved going out in them, thought I'd be safe and we were only out for an hour. He did the biggest, smelliest green diarrhoea poo ever :sick: but his bambooty kept it all in :yipee: So am happy using out and about now xx

Yay!! I never gave it a thought about doing cloth whilst out. I have just always taken him out in it IYKWIM?? I do rely on a trusty Pop-in if we're going on a long car journey, as I know they will hold up (and hold in any explosive poo!!)
I used to use pop-ins at night, but he out-wee's them, so now we use a 2-parter (TB's stretchy and Little Lamb wrap or Flip wrap) or I use a SD Flip with a bamboo pop-in underneath and fleece liner on top or similar.

Night nappy's are bulkier, so dressing him in a bundler helps!!
(The kind of gown type nighties - yes, they do boy ones!!)xxxx

Katy just remember to pick up your nappy after changing a bum the amount of times people forget them LOL

I use flips when out but also use BG AIO Organics :D I figure anything already made up makes life alot simpler! lol

The best thing to do, really is just to do it, then you'll wonder what all the worry was about :D

LOL Katy...

I dont see the point in buying both tbh, it defeats the object.

I'm already putting Leo in fluff in the day/out/nursery and am just waiting on my night notions before I switch full time!

Good Luck chuck x

I'm over the going out hurdle. Just need to tackle night times now. I bought a wonderoo v2 off someone and they said they use it as a night nappy as it does 11hours. Edward's not a very heavy wetter overnight so I might try it tonight with an extra insert in to boost it just in case xx

yay !!!!
out & about never a problem (except the time he had an itti poo leak all over my white skirt in ikea, but that was cos my mum hadnt done it up tight enough!)
nights though, i dunno, he seems just so much comfier in sposies, and we've had sooo many cloth night time leaks lately ... am struggling a bit with that.

I use her BG V3's at night, with both inserts she goes 10 hours :shrug:

So easy to put on as one piece and has never ever ever had a sniff of a leak!

2 parters are good for really heavy wetters though. Bedbugs, WNNN, TB Stretchies...etc

Oh and for out & about...

wetbag, change of clothes for poop explosions (I also take biodegradable nappy sacks for sodden or really pooey vests/inserts), liners (fleece/flushable)....

and always take your 'failsafe' nappies...the ones you know are reliable/bomb-proof and really absorbent!

The first time i took Ava out in a nappy she poo'ed too! luckily i was at sarahs house so it was ok but i would of probably gone straight home if i hadnt been, i didnt have a wetbag or anything!

So, all this heavy wetter stuff confuses me. I don't think Edward is, he just had a brand new Itti AIO on that hadn't been prewashed for 3 hours and it was barely wet. Could have probably done another 2 hours or so at least :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->