so i have my starter kit... any ideas??

honeybee2

Reaction score
Ive come over here from TTC because we've decided to stop symptom spotting and testing and stop officially trying- basically, not having sex on specific dates but when we want and feel like it etc etc because we feel its irresponsible to actively try when hes still looking for a teaching job.... however, we're NTNP.
Ive just realised after counting my cycles, that im irregular (between 26-30 days) and for future reference, I would like to monitor my cyles for a year untill we actively start TTC (if im not pregnant by then) just to get an idea of when i ovulate and whats happening with my body so its easier when we do TTC, so Ive purchased a BBT thermometer and some ovulation tests- so where do i start?????????????????? :hug::hug:

I am using fertilityfriend.com and it is realllllllly helpful!
x

Taking charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is the bible on the topic. She provides great charts that you can copy from the book and she also has a website.

Whats a BBT thermometer and how does it work?
I havent really thought about buying that or ovulations tests, but i will track cycles on FF
xx

a BBt themometer is simply a normal thermometer that checks the body temo- but its in Farenhite not Celcius as F is in two decimal places and easier to spot when the body is OV'in as when women OV their body temp 'dips' and becomes lower and when they finish OV'n it goes back up, so if it were written down on a graph- it would show a dip in temperature, and that along with other symptoms inc cervical discharge and a positive ovulation kit would signify ovulation. im using it to get a better understanding of my cycles. xxx

The temperature must be taken the same time everyday (as soon as you wake up) to be accurate, it will also show signs if you are pregnant

was going to suggest fertility friend aswell but someone else has, its an awesome site and makes graphs and charts for you and gives you more of an idea about your body. I did this for about 4 months before ttc, doing temp etc and the first month trying got pregnant i think because i understood what was going on with my body etc. Good Luck!

thats exactly why im doing it goddess- thanks so much for the advice hunny! xx

ooo how will it do that cheryl?

When you are preg, BBT goes up and stays up. It's one of your first signs that something is different and can tell you that you're :bfp: before a test can. There are lots of dips and peaks that are hard to explain, so it's really smart to do as you are doing and try to chart a few months - it gives you an overall idea of your patterns. You get so much info about your body and its rhythms and your reproductive health! I think charting should be taught to girls as part of sex ed. Of course they never will because of the worry that you'll get some teenagers who will use it instead of safe sex and birth control. It's not infallible, but if you do it right, it's pretty damn close.
I have a really clockwork cycle with very distinctive CM patterns. Before I charted, I paid attention to that. My partner and I used fertility awareness combined with condoms and have never even had a scare in 10 years. When we wanted a baby, I started charting and it was pretty quick (2nd attempt).
I will definitely be charting again when I TTC#2.

ooo how will it do that cheryl?

When you are preg, BBT goes up and stays up. It's one of your first signs that something is different and can tell you that you're :bfp: before a test can. There are lots of dips and peaks that are hard to explain, so it's really smart to do as you are doing and try to chart a few months - it gives you an overall idea of your patterns. You get so much info about your body and its rhythms and your reproductive health! I think charting should be taught to girls as part of sex ed. Of course they never will because of the worry that you'll get some teenagers who will use it instead of safe sex and birth control. It's not infallible, but if you do it right, it's pretty damn close.
I have a really clockwork cycle with very distinctive CM patterns. Before I charted, I paid attention to that. My partner and I used fertility awareness combined with condoms and have never even had a scare in 10 years. When we wanted a baby, I started charting and it was pretty quick (2nd attempt).
I will definitely be charting again when I TTC#2.

awww how lovely for you sarah- sounds wonderful lol!!! i hope we're that lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->