So ladies..do you wait until your missed AF before you test?

Luxoire

Mummy to 2 gorgeous babies
Reaction score
Or will you be testing before your missed AF... I'm due AF on the 28th and not sure if I should test before then or wait to see if AF shows before testing.

I'm pretty ok..apart from insomnia the last few days tired and a stretchy ache in my lower belly for the last 4days days or so..according to fertility app I'm 9 dpo good luck all xxz

I wish I had the willpower to wait until AF was due!!

My problem is, I don't know when I ovulated (since this is the first month of TTC and the first month I have tracked my cycle). According to the 28 day rule, my AF is due tomorrow (but I tested today and BFN)
I am trying to leave it another week until I test again, otherwise you force yourself to believe it could be negative because you've tested too early, and that's nothing short of torture!!

Good luck 👶👶

Or will you be testing before your missed AF... I'm due AF on the 28th and not sure if I should test before then or wait to see if AF shows before testing.

I'm pretty ok..apart from insomnia the last few days tired and a stretchy ache in my lower belly for the last 4days days or so..according to fertility app I'm 9 dpo good luck all xxz

I had these symptoms with my last :bfp: with increased CM. Hope its a sign for you :) :dust:

I test after AF is expected due to chemical pregnancies (I tested when I was 4 days late last time). Since my chemical I have vowed to stick to this plan even though it was bit later at just over 5 weeks.

I have no willpower. I always tell myself that I'll wait until AF is due. Then I say I'll wait until 12dpo. Then 10...

I had these symptoms with my last :bfp: with increased CM. Hope its a sign for you :) :dust:

I test after AF is expected due to chemical pregnancies (I tested when I was 4 days late last time). Since my chemical I have vowed to stick to this plan even though it was bit later at just over 5 weeks.

Aww thank you so much for the kind words and reassurance. I'm hoping it's a bfp too..I'll keep you updated. I know what you mean about chemical pregnancies though...that would be so hard to take I think. ...its beat to be patient and wait then..lol..AF is due 27th so I'll try to hold out till then if she doesn't show. ..xxx

I wish I had the willpower to wait until AF was due!!

My problem is, I don't know when I ovulated (since this is the first month of TTC and the first month I have tracked my cycle). According to the 28 day rule, my AF is due tomorrow (but I tested today and BFN)
I am trying to leave it another week until I test again, otherwise you force yourself to believe it could be negative because you've tested too early, and that's nothing short of torture!!

Good luck 👶👶

are your periods generally regular? Can you remember the start of the period before this one and how long it lasted? If not, then your plan of testing again in a couple of weeks sounds good...it'll give you time to track and learn from this period...i know testing and getting a bfn cos you did too early is hard. .but I think what would be hard for me is getting a bfp and then AF shows bcos it was a chemical pregnancy...THAT is torture..😣😣

I have no willpower. I always tell myself that I'll wait until AF is due. Then I say I'll wait until 12dpo. Then 10...
Hahhahaha bless you...so when are you testing....I'm 9 dpo. ..will anything show this early in a test? X

I actually tested yesterday (at 8dpo) and got a BFN. Tested again this morning, two BFPs!!! SUPER EXCITING.

At 9dpo, even if you are pregnant, there's typically a less than 50% chance of testing positive. And FertilityFriend reports that less than 18% of pregnancies are reported at 9dpo or sooner. I have never seen a line this early (my last positive ended up being a chemical, no lines until 13dpo).

TEST TEST TEST if you're tempted. (I'm a bad influence.)

Congratulations Dill!! Great to hear you got your BFP!!!

Luxiore. I just CANNOT wait til af to test, NO WAY. I can't help it. I think because with all 3 of my pregnancies I have got BFP like about a week or so before AF is due, so I just HAVE to know if it shows up that early again. So I 'think' today I am about 4/5dpo but will prob start testing mid next week, just in case.

Congratulations Dill!! Great to hear you got your BFP!!!

Luxiore. I just CANNOT wait til af to test, NO WAY. I can't help it. I think because with all 3 of my pregnancies I have got BFP like about a week or so before AF is due, so I just HAVE to know if it shows up that early again. So I 'think' today I am about 4/5dpo but will prob start testing mid next week, just in case.

Hahaha your use of caps made me giggle...lol...so you'll be testing at about 8 dpo then? Ohh exciting...if yours show up that early it's a good sign then..I'm just scared of getting a fake bfp

I actually tested yesterday (at 8dpo) and got a BFN. Tested again this morning, two BFPs!!! SUPER EXCITING.

At 9dpo, even if you are pregnant, there's typically a less than 50% chance of testing positive. And FertilityFriend reports that less than 18% of pregnancies are reported at 9dpo or sooner. I have never seen a line this early (my last positive ended up being a chemical, no lines until 13dpo).

TEST TEST TEST if you're tempted. (I'm a bad influence.)

hahahah you are naughty and a bad influence. ..I'm tempted to test too now I'm seeing your bfp!! CONGRATULATIONS! ++ I'm so pleased for you...hope it rubs off...hahaha

right I'm off to order cleanly digital cos I only have first response and if I get a bfp I wanna know how far gone ...lol

Let me rub my good luck all over you ladies!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Loads of baby dust for all!

I buy Wondfos in bulk off amazon (though you have to be careful which seller you go through, because several are selling fakes that do work but aren't nearly as accurate). Amazon also carries 3-packs of the CB Digitals with Week Estimators for about $13 last time I checked. I have them, but they're less sensitive than regular pee sticks, so I'm scared to use them just yet. :lol:

I used to test and test till I could pee no more but got so disheartened seeing the BFN that I would rather hold out till AF now. Im due for AF tomorrow and so far haven't tested. Feeling proud of myself!

Last cycle I lasted until 10dpo but I feel so inpatient that I am starting testing tomorrow at 8dpo!

First few cycles, I tested before AF was due because I was impatient. And each time I was disappointed and wasting tests. So now I just wait for AF.

I used to test and test till I could pee no more but got so disheartened seeing the BFN that I would rather hold out till AF now. Im due for AF tomorrow and so far haven't tested. Feeling proud of myself!

Well done you!! I'm proud of you for holding out this long. Let us know what u get tomorrow pls xxx

Last cycle I lasted until 10dpo but I feel so inpatient that I am starting testing tomorrow at 8dpo!

Wow!! Isn't 8 dpo a little early? Unless you'll be using extra sensitive sticks...even then you must be very strong ti deal with any fake bfn cos it might be too early. Good luck xxxx

First few cycles, I tested before AF was due because I was impatient. And each time I was disappointed and wasting tests. So now I just wait for AF.

I agree with wasted tests etc...especially if your buying the really high end extra sensitive type. I've just got Wednesday and Thursday to go now x

I buy cheapies that are marginally more than a quarter apiece, so I never feel bad about the waste of money. For me, the hard part was just seeing BFN after BFN. One is bad enough; a week's worth because you start testing too soon is too hard.

That said, it worked out well for me this time! 8dpo was definitely too early, but I got a pos at 9.

:dust:
BABY DUST to everyone testing soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->