So many questions! Stressing!!

talogan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm afraid this might be lengthy, but I'm hoping some of you can offer me your advice and opinions.

I had my first ultrasound 3 days ago. I am 22 weeks pregnant. At the end of the ultrasound the technician said I had a two vessel cord. She told me not to worry so much because my blood test that screened for downs and other chromosome abnormalities came back normal. The same blood test was able to tell me what the sex of my baby would be, so they definitely looked at chromosomes. I had it done at 17 weeks.

I called my Dr. today to get more information about the SAU and was told that the other organs looked fine and that the markers they look for on an ultrasound for downs were not there. I felt relief hearing that. However, before we hung up she said that the mandible looked to be recessed. I myself thought the same thing when I saw the baby's profile printed out. The Dr. again told me not to stress out that the baby could have just not been positioned well enough to get a good profile picture. Stressing is all I'm doing, though. I just want everything to be ok. Up until this point I had zero complications. I go for another ultrasound on Monday, and I'm hoping baby's jaw looks different than and more developed.

Have any of you had any experience with either of these situations? How did everything turn out? Thank you in advance for your replies!

Hi, I'm sorry you're having to deal with all the upset and worry.

I had a two vessel cord with my last pregnancy and sadly our baby had edwards syndrome. However, unlike your situation they also found quite a few other markers at the same scan. Before our baby was diagnosed I did quite a bit of research and spoke to other people on forums and I came across situations where people had 2 vessel cords, yet their pregnancies were fine and their lo's turned out perfectly healthy. So it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. It sounds very positive that they found no other markers.

Was the blood test you had like a Harmony test? Although that's not 100%, its in the v high 90's% of accurately detecting trisomies. If that came back normal, that sounds really positive news too.

I really hope you get some good news at your next scan :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"