So many questions!

Babyhopes09

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am 27 years old, Type 1 diabetic since I was 6, PCOS, and trying to conceive for the first time. I am on day 3 of Clomid and have SO many questions. I've had no symptoms and I am beginning to think it might not be working. :nope: Anyone have a similar experience? Any words of advice are totally appreciated!

I haven't started my first cycle of clomid yet so I don't have personal experiences. I don't think it's weird that you aren't having symptoms of the clomid, don't worry about that! :) It could be too low of a dose or also it could be that you just don't have symptoms!

What other questions do you have?

Thanks for your response! I have questions about the IUI...My doctor said if I had at least one mature egg, we would move forward...I'm feeling very anxious. :)

Have you ever gone through something similar?

I'm on Provera so that I will have a period. And Clomid so that I will ovulate. I do have PCOS, but I don't think I have cysts, just missing periods and an unhealthy weight. My husband has really healthy sperm so for now I've not heard that we would do IUI. Maybe that will be a future step? Not sure yet! Do you do IUI because of sperm issues?

I totally understand the nervousness though! I'd feel it too! My fingers are crossed for you! If you don't get a mature egg this time, your Dr. can up your dose, it's common if you look around the message boards, you'll meet lots of women who had to go up to 100 or 150 to ovulate. Did your doctor start you on 50 mg?

Hello! Had IUI yesterday! So nervous, anxious, excited...two weeks to test. Hope all is well with you!

Dr. said not many couple are successful the first time :( But we are hopeful!! Dr. started me with 100 mg clomid and trigger shot before IUI. Now just have to wait...

Best wishes and keep us in yours as well, please!! :)

I'm on Provera so that I will have a period. And Clomid so that I will ovulate. I do have PCOS, but I don't think I have cysts, just missing periods and an unhealthy weight. My husband has really healthy sperm so for now I've not heard that we would do IUI. Maybe that will be a future step? Not sure yet! Do you do IUI because of sperm issues?

I totally understand the nervousness though! I'd feel it too! My fingers are crossed for you! If you don't get a mature egg this time, your Dr. can up your dose, it's common if you look around the message boards, you'll meet lots of women who had to go up to 100 or 150 to ovulate. Did your doctor start you on 50 mg?

Hey, a quick question....... how did you know you have PCOS?!?!?!? I had a blood test done recently and I have feeling the doctor said I don't have PCOS but will ONE blood test tell that?!? Or do you have ot have multiple tests to find it?!?!

I'm not typical I think.
I met with an Endocrinologist, and she collaborated with my OBGYN, they did one blood draw, but a bunch of blood tests and all of my levels came back good. Here's what I know was looked at, blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, many different hormone levels, thyroid issues, prolactin. So we all met and they said that other than my weight I'm healthy and that its unlikely I have cysts as I do not have painful cramps so it was up to me if I wanted to spend the money on an ultrasound to be certain. Truthfully I don't have any of the signs of PCOS. No weird hair or acne. And I even lose weight really easily when I try which I guess is not typical of someone with PCOS.
Basically my body reacts strongly to gaining weight and gaining weight caused my hormone levels to go out of whack, and then my cycles to go away, and bam, PCOS. I don't think this is exactly the classic diagnosis of PCOS, more like a process of elimination in that I don't have any other issues. Typically when someone has PCOS I think they have hormones out of whack and then present with weight gain, inability to lose weight, lack of ovulation, hair growth, acne, etc.
My OBGYN believes that if I lost weight my cycle would come back normal. When I was a normal weight my cycle wasn't always normal. But she really believes weight would control it. She still prescribed medicine to help though because I'd really like to conceive.

My doctor did an ultrasound and bloodwork. Viewing both results, she said I had PCOS. :( There are no cysts, but according to the ultrasound, I did qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->