So many questions....

hyacynthe

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm actually in the midst of suffering a miscarriage from my first pregnancy (I have a D&C scheduled next week).

It's been so disappointing and upsetting, but I really want to get pregnant again ASAP. My doctor recommended that we wait 2 period cycles because the first one might be irregular. Did most of you wait this period of time, or get pregnant sooner/later? I've heard that you are very fertile after being pregnant so I want to take advantage of that.

Of course I am SOOOOO scared of miscarrying again if I get pregnant. Is it better to wait longer? Or does it really matter?

I would love to hear some of your experiences.

thanks
Nicole

Nicole, I am so sorry about your loss.... :hugs::hugs:
I had my miscarriage in March. Was told to wait one cycle. So I did. Then it took more than 6 months to get pregnant anyway... and now of course I am terrified that I'll lose another baby...

thanks for the response. That's pretty much how I figure I will be - totally paranoid and scared during my next pregnancy.

This pregnancy i started going to the doctor and having ultrasounds at 4 weeks. I had 6 ultrasounds between 4 and 8 weeks, which I do think added to my constant anxiety. Each ultrasound was a stress.

My husband thinks I need to wait to 8 weeks the next time I get pregnant to have an ultrasound, but I think I'm going to be so paranoid I'm going to want one sooner. I want to avoid all the stress of ultrasounds but i also will want to know what's going on with my baby!!!

Also - it is SOOO hard waiting for my D&C! I have to wait 4 days, and it's horrible to think I have the fetus inside of me. Plus I'm still having preg symptoms. Any suggestions on how to cope with this?

thanks
Nicole

i wasn't able to cope with this at all... i found out that my baby was dead for over 3 weeks... when i was waiting for the D&C i was such a horrible mess that there are no words to describe it... it helped a bit to have people around.... but otherwise i only cried, and screamed, and destroyed a few things in the house.. i was taking antianxiety pills but they didn't help...

i am so sorry you have to wait so long...
i forced my husband to force the doctors to do it sooner...

well, right now i'm feeling very sad because my morning temperature has been low today and yesterday, and i think maybe it's an early miscarriage this time...

I think it depends on the person and circumstances -- I was told to wait three cycles as was an emotional wreck; in fact, we didn't conceive again for almost two years after the mc, BUT it gave me a chance to get my health completely in order and we were about a month away from IVF (had done all the bloods, etc.); that lengthy process meant that a number of minor health issues were resolved, e.g. underactive thyroid (for which I take meds), lost some weight, etc....so that in this pregnancy, everything is comfortably normal -- so my suggestion is to make sure you're 100% physically and mentally before really trying again?

best wishes

Hi sweetie, I am so very sorry for your loss and that you are having to go through this. I found out I had MMC in August and had D&C on August 28th. I had one period (LMP 28.09.11) and we got pregnant the first month after my period. I am overjoyed but also have mixed emotions such as anxiety and guilt (as it was so soon after the loss of our baby).
I was obsessed with getting pregnant again straight away- think it was part of my coping mechansim after the MC. I felt such urgency to get my bfp. Praying that I get to hold this baby in July.
Best wishes to you xxxx

Hi there,

I have had two d&c's and I waited the two month cycle. You need to let your body heal and it takes time to get adjusted back. I know it is hard to wait, but you want a regular cycle and want your uterine lining to build back up. The time will go fast!

My doctor told me I could try again straight away. She said the reason they prefer you to wait a cycle or two is mainly for dating purposes. I wasn't trying, but I concieved 9 days after the miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->