so many toys...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
reading all the threads about Jumperoos/play gyms/walkers etc i wonder what you are getting your little ones for christmas! i could no way afford a jumperoo now AND get toys for christmas too. am i being selfish? am i not giving my little girl the best things in life?

at the moment she has a bouncer, a bumbo and lots of little baby toys (rattles etc) that were Rhys' when he was little. i spend a lot of time playing with both her and Rhys and she seems happy enough.

i just feel like because im not buying all these expensive toys (theyre expensive to me anyway) that Ffion isnt getting the best out of life!

haha, you're not selfish for not being able to afford a jumperoo! She wont even care if you got her nothing bless her. I'm sure it will be fantastic. If you really wanted a jumperoo have a look in the paper or something for a second hand one? Mine is second hand, no way could i have afforded it otherwise, it is in absolutely spotless condition

xxx

If you cant afford it hun then you cant afford it! Doesnt mean ffion is any less cared for!
Not everybody has the money for expensive toys ;)
There only a bonus for children not essential ;) :hugs:

I don´t think you are being selfish at all. Children are expensive and sometimes we have to decide between getting them one big thing or lots of little things.

When my Godchild was born and I asked my best mate what I should get him for Christmas, she replied..."time, spend time with him, its much better than an expensive present, that will only be discarded at some point"

As you say you spend a lot of time playing with her and Rhys - so she is getting the best out of life - she gets her mum.

I'm kind of thinking that this christmas I won't get much at all - maybe just one thing - for Ally. After all, he'll be very little and at the moment I'm more concerned with paying rent and bills and ensuring he's fed.

And, like you, I looked at Jumperoos and realised there is no way I'll be able to afford one new. She won't miss out if she doesn't have one and as Amy said, you can always get a 2nd hand one :)

I wont personally be buying my LO much for christmas AT ALL!!! She will only be 4 months and will already get too much stuff!!

Your not selfish at all hun xxx

I don't know if you have Craigslist.com in your area, but that is where I got Bren's Jumperoo. Instead of paying $75 for a new one, I paid $30. Just brought it home, gave it a good clean with clorox wipes and a sponge. Several of my mommy friends told me before I had Bren to buy used and now I see why. We have a great children's resale shop around the corner from us, and I love it.

As for as christmas goes, since Bren will only be 7 months, he is so not going to care. He will probably like the wrapping paper and the box more than whats in it.

We're getting a hand me down which is okay by me, saves money :) And we won't buy Hannah a lot for Christmas, she's so young and won't remember any of it.

I might go to a nearly new sale and see if I can get anything there. I'm going to use the toy library at my local children's centre when he starts to get more interested in playing too.

No, I think your way is better anyway. Bethanie isn't getting any toys until christmas.

These toys don't mean a lot anyway, your love is what matters!

Same here we cant afford a lot really so i look around charity shops,the papers and ebay! i got one of those spin and explore lamaze things for 20 pounds when boots had them for 32 pounds.......i have to bargain hunt to get our money to stretch more with 3 kids and court bills etc! :-(

Tabs mainly plays on her floor mat and play gym or donut that my mum got from the boot sale.....all in very good condition though but at 3 pounds a piece im not complaining!
I would love her to have her own nursery etc too but its just not possible at the mo.
Her favourite thing to look at is a blowy paper windmill thing we got on a day out at the beach!

Kira wouldn't be getting alot either hun, neither will Kacy They will both get spolit from grandparents.

I've done what the other girls have said look in the paper and charity shop i've found lots of things like that, and if you shop in tesco u can save the money off vouchers for xmas and get stuff that way.

I dont think you are being selfish at all!
We wouldn't have been able to afford one. My aunt let us use hers for Colton until he outgrows it (and he's already on the last stage!!)
I wouldn't even have bought a bumbo if it had't been given to us for free!! Those things are like 40$!

I have no idea what I'm getting Colton for Christmas. I am buying him some clothes here soon, and I'm going to hold off on giving them to him. Maybe he will wait until Christmas to fit them LOL. Besides that I know my mom is getting him this little riding vehicle like thing that has a handle on the back and can also be used to push (helps him learn to walk) and she is getting him a little table with different activities on it.
Besides toys we will probably get him a bunch of bath and learning toys.
OH wants to get him a little TV for his room (when we move, which we are hoping will be before Christmas), but I'm kind of against the idea of him having one in his room.. so, I dont know, we will see. He will still be kinda young for one, but will use it later on so if we do it will probably be part of his christmas. LOL

Donovan is also getting a jumparoo for christmas and then i am just gonna wrap a package or 2 of diapers up so he gets to play with the paper. I have already been looking for one second hand, they dont get used nearly long enough for me to be able to justify the price. And hopefully the kids bedrooms will be finihsed by then, and they will get mostly decorations for their room. I never will allow the kids to have a tv in their room, but I do by them many many book, they have 2 booksleves that are full. I try to make sure they see me reading and the girls LOVE to read everynight after I tuck them in. if they had a tv they would be doing that and it is so important ecspecially with all the electronics these kids have now adays

You daft mare, she is getting so much more than toys and presents. Shes got a wonderful mummy who loves her to pieces. Rhys isn't deprived and I'm sure he didn't have more than her, right? Toys are nice, but all babies really need is love and guidence!

I hardly think that a jumperoo would make that day special or happier for her! :hugs:
Spending Christmas together as a family for the first time since your new addition is the most important thing.
Toys are just things,they can be broken,bought,given at any times.Great memories can't.:)

Sorry the above post wasnt suposed to be sent :rofl: suposed to be a new thread :dohh:

The newest toys arent important! How you care for her is and you said yourself she's a happy baby :) Thats all that matters. As for christmas toys, I've got all Kyle's christmas in, I bought him alot from Toy's R Us as they had a big sale on. Just need to get him a few nice outfits then no more. But I got him alot of toys for 1 year + then that way he wont need alot during the year, until next year. I done it this way purely because he's still not old enough to understand, we get it easy the first year, eh? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->