So much data so early... and slowing beta doubling rates...

Dayattatime

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm new to the forum and hope to join the community. I already feel like only others who have been in this place - pregnant after a loss - can understand the swirl of emotions.

My last pregnancy ended with a silent miscarriage at around 8 weeks; we found out when there was no heartbeat at the first ultrasound. The aftermath of that was rather traumatic for me (it was a very sticky pregnancy, despite not being viable).

Now I'm pregnant again, and I found out very early (a positive FRER at 9 dpo, by my estimate). I rushed to my doctor for hCG and progesterone tests, and this is what I've got so far:
@10 dpo, hcg 36, progesterone 19.0
@12 dpo, hcg 119, progesterone 18.2
@14 dpo, hcg 237, progesterone 22.1.

So, it's always going to be a worry, right? My current worry is this: my first doubling rate was stellar at 27.8 hours/doubling. Then my second was MUCH slower at 48.3 hours/doubling. My doctor doesn't seem concerned... but of course I'm now worrying that this is a sign that things are failing...

Of course, I know all this ridiculously early - before I've even missed a period! The numbers themselves are good... but then again, I've always read that the levels are rather meaningless and that only the doubling rate matters. Has anyone seen a slow-down in doubling rate like this that was meaningless?

In any case, glad to be here, for now! Trying to take this one day at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->