So my little lady is very sick...**update page 2**

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Hi guys,

nightmare few days/week for us:cry:

Katie wasnt too well towards the end of the week, high temps, crying, not sleeping; progressing to abit of vomitting , off her food/drink :( she had temps up to 39.4:dohh:

So went to dr Monday came away with Amoxicillin :( she had a throat infection....anyway she seemed to get worse from then and was up most of last night :nope: we all got hours sleep:cry:

So obviously wasnt happy this morning so I rang again and got an appointment...dr said this time she had an ear infection too:cry: and also a rash but the rash was the blanching kind so I knew it was ok the moment I saw it. The dr said though as she has kidney reflux they better get a sample but he said he was pretty sure it was just her ears/throat:dohh: and the dr changed her antibiotic to a stronger one as the amoxicillin wasnt working

Anyway we tried to get the sample there/then but miss Katie didnt cooperate so we came home to find she'd filled the bag....so I dipped her urine (I have the little urine dipsticks at home) and she had 4+ of blood and 3+ protein:cry: so its looking like she has a urinary infection too:hissy: :cry: I rang the dr straight then and he told me to leave the sample in in the morning....The poor little ite has basically cried for days and I cant say I blame her, I'm feeling abit helpless and I'm basically thinking if she hasnt improved by tomorrow evening I'm just going to take her to A&E:cry:

Anyway send my little lady some get well vibes because she could do with them:hugs:

thanks
xxxxxx

:hugs:
Poor Katie, hope she feels better soon
Lots of Love/Hugs & Vibes
XXX

:hug: I was just thinking about you this afternoon and wondering how you were all doing. So sorry she's not been feeling well :(

Really hope the antibiotics start working and you all have a better night tonight :hugs: x

Awww poor Katie, hope she is feeling better soon xXx

I really hope she gets better VERY very soon hun

*hugs* to you & Miss Katie x x

It does seem alot of infections at once though :( what would you guys do?

any nurses/dr's out there as to possible causes, the rash looks like little blocks of pale red

Poor thing - hope she gets better soon & doesn't suffer to much in the meanwhile:hugs:
Rebecca used to suffer a lot with urinary infections (still gets the odd one now) & every time it would cause extremely high temps & make her sick. She once had a rash too & we had to take her to the emergency docs, I was worried it was meningitis, but they diagnosed it straight away, gave her some antibiotics & she was a lot better a few days after.:hugs:

could the rash be coz of a build up of toxins from the urinary infection??

just a laymans guess that hun

i would see how she goes through the night, if she gets worse, never mind A&E ring ambulance.. where kids are concerned they'd rather have to come out and say no need to take her in than risk it..(paramedics told my cousin this when she rang for her son)

is she drinking fluids? that might help with flushing the infection out??
has she managed to eat anything?

xx

could the rash be coz of a build up of toxins from the urinary infection??

just a laymans guess that hun

i would see how she goes through the night, if she gets worse, never mind A&E ring ambulance.. where kids are concerned they'd rather have to come out and say no need to take her in than risk it..(paramedics told my cousin this when she rang for her son)

is she drinking fluids? that might help with flushing the infection out??
has she managed to eat anything?

xx

that makes sense hun, the dr and nurse thought it all related to bacterial infections.

shes drinking better today 20 oz milk which she mostly kept down so better than yesterday, she ate half a stage 2 smooth yogurt/fruit jar & kept it down, some icecream but vomitted that back up and a yogurt and kept that down an hour

if she is keeping milk down, do you want to try runny ready-brek? so that its runny like milk but theres a taste to it..or cant she handle hot foods atm??
poor mite, she is in the wars isnt she..

Aww, Katie, get well soon! :hug: to you and Katie!

awwwww huge :hug: to little miss katie get well soon x x

So sorry to hear she's not well, hope you get better soon Katie xx

BTW I know I'm not a kid but I used to get frequent bad UTIs and I would get a rash too.

Awww poor little woman hope she is feeling better soon, lots of hugs and kisses sent her way xx

Thank you so much guys:cloud9:

Well Katie had a good night, slept from 9pm - 6am:happydance: her temp this morning was 37.4 so well on the way down:cloud9:plus she isnt as grumpy:yipee: She's tired though poor little love and has slept from 9.30 this morning and isnt awake yet:shock:

She drank 7 oz milk this morning plus her breakfast :wohoo: and has kept it all down, I think she is finally getting better.....bout time:shhh:

oh welshcakes she wouldnt take ready brek, didnt seem to like hot foods at all which is understandable I guess with a bad throat :(

The rash is still there and her sample has been sent to the lab so will just have to sit tight and wait on the results but shes already on the antib's anyway...

what a week though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->