So...now what?

Reidfidleir

Reaction score
Ok here's a brief history so you can understand my worry here.
I don't really like or trust doctors due to research I've done, experiences related here on bnb and I've never really met one I liked except for my old pediatrician.
My last pregnancy we had state insurance so a homebirth and hospital birth would be about the same cost. I wanted a homebirth anyway especially after I had been lurking here and learned more about it. I did more reaearch and realized that I would probably be safest at home with a low risk pregnancy. So I used two midwives and had a fantastic beautiful magical experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Now my husband had good insurance that has zero deductible.
He didnt want to shell out $3500 if he didnt have to which is understandable now that we have a house, two car payments, and a little credit card debt were paying off.
I have some history with a nurse midwife at a gyn practice that saw me for mastitis and the regular gyn stuff. She seems nice.

So....

I go for my first appt today (just medical history n blood panel with nurse)
And I find out .... This midwife doesn't do deliveries!!!!!! (Nurse said its rare and she doesn't do call outs)
This is the only midwife in the practice. So I asked if I see her for prenatal and everything else who delivers? "Oh one of the physicians. "
I have never heard of a midwife who doesn't deliver babies.

I'm also disappointed because this is the only hospital near me (still 45 min) that has a birth center (only one room at that).

Sigh. Thanks for reading if you got this far. You deserve a cookie.

I will see the midwife herself and ask many questions the 22nd. Does anybody have any suggestions? I guess I could benefit from a third party view.

If you would like a midwife to deliver your baby, then I would try to find another practice! I have never heard of a midwife not delivering either.
If you don't mind being delivered by an OB then you could stay on - really, it's up to you.

Bump

I'd rather have a midwife as they have more experience and patience from what I've heard and read.

First you can't go by what you read. People here are from all different parts of the world and the norm in those places could differ from where you live. You could go doc to doc and talk to them to check out their bedside manner etc. And see if there is one that you feel comfortable with. It is strange that a midwife won't deliver and that would make me question that midwives qualifications.

Also, I would like my cookie now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"