So proud of my best friends little boy. He has cerebal palsy and has started walking!

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Me and my friend have been close since we started nursery and we have grown up together. She had twins in October 2010 her little girl has been fine but her son was diagnosed with cerebal palsy in September last year. In August last year I noticed something wasn't right. He was sitting up, couldn't hold his head that well and he basically just laid there no really interacting what so ever. My friend was worried too and after talking to her HV and tests he was diagnosed with cerebal palsy. Anyway since september he has come so far, within a few months and intense physo therapy he was sitting up, crawling and by december he was pulling him self up to stand and cruising. And today he started WALKING :happydance: He is 17 months old and is actually walking :headspin: It also means he has caught up with is peers on some areas as some babies without special needs don't walk until 17/18 months. I cannot even begin to describe how proud I am of him :cloud9:. Sorry for the rambling post ladies but I am just so happy, I see him like a nephew and it is amazing!! x

Aw thats great, bet you're all really pleased :flower: xx

That's amazing my DD is 15 months and not even walking!

Bless his little heart, what a strong little man, thats cheered me up so much tonight :cloud9:

That is incredible! He must have a lot of support from his mum to be doing so well. A lot of babies don't walk at that age let alone if they have an extra challenge like he has. His mum must be so proud!

That is incredible! He must have a lot of support from his mum to be doing so well. A lot of babies don't walk at that age let alone if they have an extra challenge like he has. His mum must be so proud!

She is amazing! :) x

Well done little man! :hugs:

What a clever little boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back